Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: PAS group rides

  1. #1
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,309

    PAS group rides

    OOH Pisgah Area SORBA is now having weekly group rides.

    According to the PAS news letter the rides will be every Sunday at 10:00AM. Each week will be at a different location. This Sunday August 6 will start at the Rice Pinnacle parking lot in Bent Creek. Rides will be broken into two groups. A fast group for fast people and a slower paced group for us mere mortals.

    Here is a link to the News Letter.

    I'll be there

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plume's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,538
    Looks good, too bad I'll never get to make it out, lol.


  3. #3
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by plume
    Looks good, too bad I'll never get to make it out, lol.

    Why not?

    Are you injured? Is it a church thing? To much chit chat on group rides? Why?

  4. #4
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,309
    bump for the end of the week TGIF!

  5. #5
    XC Champion
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    289
    May I attend if I'm not a member of SORBA but intend to be in the future?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plume's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    Why not?

    Are you injured? Is it a church thing? To much chit chat on group rides? Why?
    I work every Sunday morning.

    And just because a kid was looking for a "training" ride doesn't mean a kid doesn't like to meet new people and ride bikes at the same time.

    I've been told I am "overly enthusiastic" on certain group rides though... oh, and riding is church. Who knows maybe I'll be able to swing it one week, or better yet find a M-F gig.

  7. #7
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by drkenan
    May I attend if I'm not a member of SORBA but intend to be in the future?

    Sure! You don't need to be a memeber to ride with the club. Heck you could go to all the SORBA meetings, rides, trail maintenance things, cook outs, etc... and never be a memeber. I have been told that the only thing non memebers can't do is vote. But I joined cause the money goes to a good cause.

  8. #8
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by plume
    I work every Sunday morning.

    And just because a kid was looking for a "training" ride doesn't mean a kid doesn't like to meet new people and ride bikes at the same time.

    I've been told I am "overly enthusiastic" on certain group rides though... oh, and riding is church. Who knows maybe I'll be able to swing it one week, or better yet find a M-F gig.

    I was just messing with ya about the chit chat thing.

    Just make sure you can take off the weekend of the big fall gathering. Thats one party you won't want to miss.

  9. #9
    Official Cooler Inspector
    Reputation: M-U-M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,623
    Another PAS consideration... I'm getting easier to to talk to about the Fall Season Piper Parking Pass.



    Dang tourists are wearing me down...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plume's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    I was just messing with ya about the chit chat thing.

    Just make sure you can take off the weekend of the big fall gathering. Thats one party you won't want to miss.
    I know.

    That sounds like a good time. I'm truly hoping I have a different job by September any way. I'd like to have my Sundays off again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •