pronounced may-duh

8/27 PAS group ride from the Ranger Station

This weeks Pisgah Area SORBA group ride will be on Sunday 8/27 starting at 10:00 AM from the Ranger Station parking lot. The ride is open to everybody. All skill levels! SORBA members and non-members are welcome! Routes and groups will be set up so that everybody has a good time.

So what are you waiting for? Get out from behind that computer and come on out and ride!
    Last edited by Maida7; 08-23-2006 at 10:45 AM.

mtbr member

1 question/1 suggestion:

question: how do you get to the ranger station?

suggestion: put the date in the thread title to reduce mix-up/confusion with other SORBA rides

hopefully I will be able to make this one...

pronounced may-duh
    Where are you coming from? What is the most convenient rd? Airport rd? Brevard rd? or I26?

Anyways you want to end up on 280 West toward Brevard. Turn right at the pizza hut onto 276 East. Immediately you will enter Pisgah. The Ranger Station is about 2-3 miles down 276 on the right. There will be a sign. The parking lot is big so look for a group of cool looking people unloading bikes.

A ride route has been requested: ride over to the stables, up clawhammer, right on maxwell, right on black mtn then finish with the big M (some combination of sycamore, grassy road and such)

mtbr member
    Doing the Hilly (road century). Have fun, y'all.
    Mike

Philosophizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    Where are you coming from? What is the most convenient rd? Airport rd? Brevard rd? or I26?

Anyways you want to end up on 280 West toward Brevard. Turn right at the pizza hut onto 276 East. Immediately you will enter Pisgah. The Ranger Station is about 2-3 miles down 276 on the right. There will be a sign. The parking lot is big so look for a group of cool looking people unloading bikes.
    )
    That would be Maida7, the dorky looking crew will be me and the boy.....
    I hate rude behavior in a man.....won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F Call.

mtbr member
    hm... New job means Sundays off. Hope to get to this and meet some new folks.

Are there usually two seperate groups of abilities?

pronounced may-duh
    Bump for those who can't decide their weekend plans until the last minute.

Plume the groups and what routes we take is all dependent on who shows up. The idea is that the better riders should not have to babysit and the newbies should not get tortured on a death march. It's very much a plan as we go kind of thing.

mtbr member
    Bump for those who can't decide their weekend plans until the last minute.

Plume the groups and what routes we take is all dependent on who shows up. The idea is that the better riders should not have to babysit and the newbies should not get tortured on a death march. It's very much a plan as we go kind of thing.
    Sounds good I'll plan on this. I'm fine w/ any pace, just curious. I need to ride w/ people when I'm in Pisgan apparently. The last few times were a little sketchy doing it solo... see other thread...

Official Cooler Inspector
    If I'm not working Sunday and no one else has a suggestion ( Mike?) I could lead the "easy route" to Twin Falls, go right up the old road, down a'ways right and decide who's done at that point. Those with some spunk can climb left awhile, do a piece of BM and take the Yee Haw left route back to the station. That sound Otaybee?

pronounced may-duh
    It was a killer ride. We did clawhammer, maxwell, black mtn back to the ranger station. Then we added on grassy road and sycamore cove. After that I went solo to do clawhammer to left on buckthorn gap.

Interesting tidbit. On returning to the ranger station on 276, I was passed by some young people in a pick up. They were honking and two dudes ridding in the bed of the truck are flipping me the bird. I'm not sure why Then they pull over in front of me and I'm like oh no here we go. The guys in the back of the truck moon me and they take off down the road. It was a bit unnerving. Could have been alot worse.

Next week's PAS ride is at Tsali. I can't make it but yall have fun.

mtbr member
    It was a killer ride. We did clawhammer, maxwell, black mtn back to the ranger station. Then we added on grassy road and sycamore cove. After that I went solo to do clawhammer to left on buckthorn gap.

Interesting tidbit. On returning to the ranger station on 276, I was passed by some young people in a pick up. They were honking and two dudes ridding in the bed of the truck are flipping me the bird. I'm not sure why Then they pull over in front of me and I'm like oh no here we go. The guys in the back of the truck moon me and they take off down the road. It was a bit unnerving. Could have been alot worse.

Next week's PAS ride is at Tsali. I can't make it but yall have fun.

Ha, I didn't think a full moon was for some time . . .
    They must have mistaken you for a "road biker". . . Ok really I am just kidding. Probably just some high school punks. I am sure that got your adrenaline pumping thoough.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

pronounced may-duh
    The mooning could have been funny if they weren't honking and angrily flipping me the finger before hand. I'm still not sure what I did to make them so angry with me. Was it the spandex? Like I said, it could have been a lot worse. I've heard stories on this board of people getting things thrown at them and run off the road. I try to stick to the trails to avoid just this kind of episode. I was only on the road for maybe a total of 3 or 4 miles during the coarse of the day and look what happens.

Philosophizer
    I hate I missed that. It was a good ride with lots of good folks.
    I hate rude behavior in a man.....won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F Call.

mtbr member
    I agree....awesome ride!!!

Thanks to all...we had a great time!!! We will be looking forward to future rides! Unfortunately we will not be able to make it to Tsali...but maybe the next go 'round

[SIZE="1"]* I think I have a cracked rib from an endo the day before the ride so I may be out of commission for awhile...meanwhile I will be climbing some fireroads just to build up that uuumph I need to keep ahead of ......????? uuuuhhhhh.....let's just say to...uh...to keep up!!!! [/SIZE]

Sorry about the creeps Maida...some people are just that "CREEPS"
    Hope it didn't ruin your ride!!!
    Last edited by bouncybouncy; 08-28-2006 at 06:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks go out to David and to Michael for setting up a ride schedule and following through. I'm glad I was able to make it. I especially enjoyed rideing with "Girlscout," he's going to be a great rider if he sticks with it.