mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Paris MTN trail conditions

Is there anywhere online where I can check the status of the trails at Paris mountain? I'm new to the area and don't want to drive out there and have them be unrideable. Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm not aware of anywhere online for you to check status. Generally, Paris mountain trails are never "unrideable" because they are mostly pretty steep and you don't see a lot of standing water. That's not to say they can't be wet, and might be more likely to sustain damage from being ridden, and YOU might be more likely to sustain damage from sliding around on slick red clay. But I've never seen it swampy.

It's been a couple of weeks since I was out there, hope someone who has been recently will chime in soon. Don't forget the trails are closed on Saturday, and bring $2 with you.

mtbr member
    Yeah no status online but most of the sections are pretty well drained and sandy or hard packed clay where the rain runs off well. If it rained really hard probably want to avoid climbing the back side of Kanuga as there are some steeper sections that tend to hold water or runoff and make the climb annoying. Just don't be that guy that rides through the puddle that's always there on the mountain creek trail or the one on pipessewa (sp?) near the creek making the hole bigger.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus044 View Post
    Just don't be that guy that rides through the puddle...making the hole bigger.
    I read somewhere a while ago that riding around to the edges of the puddle actually makes it worse. all these times I've gone straight through and gotten all muddy, i thought i was taking one for the team.

But yes, it is really nice that Paris bounces back so quickly after a big storm. In general most of the riding in the region deals with rain a lot better than other parts of the country like the west coast