Drinker w/ Riding Problem

Paris Mountain - News 10-18-10

Paris Mountain has some new Singletrack! It's not much , but it's a good start!

Where's this new trail? well it connects the new Top Parking lot to the old Parking Circle... where's this new Parking lot? it used to be the primitive campground. Left at the Buckhorn Lake Rd gate. The parking lot was just paved last week. 28 ? spots... Most people don't even know it exist they turn around at the gate and park on the road near the old parking circle.

This new section connects to the Brissy Ridge Trail (no going RIGHT; that is the Hiking Only section of Brissy Ridge) go LEFT and it'll bring you to the top circle/kiosk area for Firetower/BrissyRidge/Sulphur Springs trails.

DSCN1084

DSC_0093

DSC_0088

DSC_0081

DSC_0079

DSC_0076

DSC_0072

DSC_0068

DSC_0063

DSC_0056

DSC_0055

DSC_0051

DSC_0048

DSC_0047

DSC_0040

DSC_0036

DSC_0102

DSC_0100

Thanks to Liz, Kip, Derrick, Chip, Jason, Eric and his daughter for spending a Saturday in the dirt! Chip thanks for the burgers and refreshments !

DSCN1080

Talking with the Ranger at the Thursday SORBA meeting they are very open to the idea of building a new trail that would create a "Lower Loop" starting behind Shelter #3 and coming out at the road across from the entrance to Turtle trail . the Park has received a lot of requests for more "beginner friendly" trail.

Winter Hours start the first Week of November
    Tuesdays open to 9:00PM (be out the gate at 9)
    Fridays open till 8:00PM (because of the campground )
    the rest the days the park closes at 6:00PM

recently there have been some smash and grabs in the 3 lower parking areas near the entrance . The Park has installed hidden cameras in the parking areas. There hasn't been any break-ins since the cameras have been installed ( coincidence i'm sure ) .

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Very cool. I need to get down there sometime soon.

banned
    is this a roadbike route? I don't see any roots, rocks, or anything that you might need a mountain bike for.

consistent default champ
    Good to know about the hidden cameras when you are changing clothes in the parking lot!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for posting- I will definitely be heading there soon!
    I cycle, therefore I am.