Thread: Owls Roost!

mtbr member

Owls Roost!

I rode Owls Roost today and it was an absolute blast! I always have a great ride when I go there. The trail is in great condition, maybe two little wet spots! Go hit it!

mtbr member
    This trail is in Greensboro right? Is it easy to find your way around those trails? A friend and I are considering trying to ride up there tomorrow afternoon before the next round of rain hits but neither of us has ever been before.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek
    This trail is in Greensboro right? Is it easy to find your way around those trails? A friend and I are considering trying to ride up there tomorrow afternoon before the next round of rain hits but neither of us has ever been before.
    Well, I'm from King, about 45 minutes away from Owls Roost. It's the only one I've really ridden in that area, but once you get to the trail head, it's just an out and back or you can just ride it one way. You shouldn't have any problems.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Try Country Park also.
    I'm (me and the trail guys) in the process of rerouting the majority of it.
    Lots of good stuff in and a major project starting in the morning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsomtb
    Try Country Park also.
    I'm (me and the trail guys) in the process of rerouting the majority of it.
    Lots of good stuff in and a major project starting in the morning.
    Can you get to the country park on the same greenway? I've been there years ago to watch a race, but never rode it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes.
    Take the greenway away from bur-mil.....the 2 OR trailheads will be to your left.
    The greenway spills out into an apt complex - hang a left onto the apt complex road. About 25-50 yds up the hill the greenway hooks back up. It ends at a major rd - go across and hit the sidewalk and a left at the light. Sidewalk turns in a park parking lot.
    Continue thru, pick greenway back up.
    Deadends in another parking lot.......trailhead on far left corner.
    Enter trail and at intersection head left for best flow.

Try http://www.greensborofattire.org/index.html
    Trail sextion has maps of the trails and of the greenway that links them for a visual.

I'll be out there all day, stop and say hello.

Zach

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

mtbr member
    Check out this trails map. It shows the Greenway and the trail heads.

http://www.greensborofattire.org/trailmap.html
    Chris

2005 Walmart Schwinn (slightly modified)
    Still going...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I know it's off the subject,but how can you find out what year your bike was made?I have a GT LTS 4000.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattires40
    I rode Owls Roost today and it was an absolute blast! I always have a great ride when I go there. The trail is in great condition, maybe two little wet spots! Go hit it!

I was there on the same day with a buddy. Drove over from Sanford and I agree, great day!

We rode Big loop, owls roost, (I forget the name of the next two trails) and then Blue Heron. Turned around and rode back. All are fun trails, and all are VERY well marked, with maps along the way.

Easy trails, but fun too. We got in 36 miles and didn't even hit Bald Eagle or Country Park, I'm pretty sure that would have taken us over 50! (Which I was not up to the task on Wednesday...)
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius