mtbr member

Oconee county sc

Hey all,

anyone here around the mountain rest/walhalla area? I currently live in Florida but my boyfriend and i have a cabin in mountain rest that we are gonna move too in the near future.

last time we visited we brought our bikes and rode a little of oconee state park which was fun and crazy challenging with the long climbs. We did a lot of hiking and didn't bike too much because we didn't wanna drive too far. There are a few trails right out behind cabin but they are mostly in the Sumter forest and are old forest roads. Still cool though!

anyone have any good trail systems in the area? We came across a lot of "no bikes allowed" trails
    2012 Trek Rumblefish

Trek4Lyfe

mtbr member
    I am from the upstate of South Carolina as well, but in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. I don't know of anything that would be considered local to your area, but it isn't too much of a drive to the trails at Lake Issaqueena, in the Clemson Experimental Forest. Here is a link to a thread with a map. Look at post number 4. It really is a good trail system.

Clemson Trails

Other than there, within what I would guess to be an hours drive or less, there is Dupont State Forest in Cedar Mountain, NC., Payne's Creek State Park near Hartwell, Ga., Paris Mountain in Greenville, Panthertown Valley, and then maybe a little more than an hour adds quite a bit more with Pisgah in Brevard, and Bent Creek in Asheville. Also Tsali on Fontana lake is a pretty good trail system as well, and Jackrabbit might not be too far of a drive from there either.

So if you are willing to drive a bit, there is a lot of great trails. I hope this info helps a little.
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

mtbr member
    Manchester State Forest might be alright but I've never been, it's in Sumter. It has a race that's part of the state championship. Manchester State Forest OHV Trailguide

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    There is a MTB park in Mountain Rest, Google hilltop mountain bike park.