mtbr member
    Jul 2012

North myrtle beach

Are there any decent trails near n. myrtle beach? Just wondering if it could be worth bringing the bike (salsa HT ATM...)

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Go to Waccamaw Trail Blazers - Ride, Build, Advocate, Promote and Educate others about Mountain Biking in Myrtle Beach to get information on the local trails.

In early February I was in the area and I rode 2 of the area's trails. First I went to the trail behind Coastal Carolina University. There was actually a nice short stretch of singletrack that I rode in both directions to make the ride into several miles. Nice coastal forest with some live oak and spanish moss (personal favorite).

Next, I went to the dog & run park. Lower your expectations and remember - it's the beach. The trail builders have gone to great lengths to make the best of the terrain and small overall area. Lots of zig-zagging, super steep short hills and drops on sandy loamy terrain. Nothing scenic. It's not a riding destination but a mildly entertaining diversion.
    SE Racing Stout 29er

mtbr member
    someone's got a video on youtube riding some trail..I think it's the one near conover..but Im not sure..its not titled or anything.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Mountain Biking - YouTube
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Why would anyone want to waste their time in Myrtle Beach riding a bike, when you can play endless rounds of goofy golf, shop in thousands of outlet stores, fight traffic on Hwy 17, and wait in line for hours for a seafood buffet? Not to mention getting to see washed-up former country music stars and Elvis impersonators. It's a regular paradise on earth.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    You can also go and watch myrtle manor rejects at the local watering hole.
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    Why would anyone want to waste their time in Myrtle Beach riding a bike, when you can play endless rounds of goofy golf, shop in thousands of outlet stores, fight traffic on Hwy 17, and wait in line for hours for a seafood buffet? Not to mention getting to see washed-up former country music stars and Elvis impersonators. It's a regular paradise on earth.
    Lol, you just listed exactly *why* one would look for other forms of entertainment

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Myrtle Beach Mountain Biking on Vimeo

This trail looks pretty nice, good way to minimize the effect of excessive fried oyster and beer consumption.

MTBR Member
    Those two videos must be of the new spot they have been working on near the YMCA in Myrtle Beach. Think it's called A-10 or the Hulk? Maybe both? It runs along the Intracoastal waterway, so that must be it. A friend of mine down in NMB has been telling me to come down and check it out. I think it's about 6 miles or so.

There's a good group of dedicated riders down there. Get in touch if you are looking for someone to ride with down there. They are always up for a ride.

MTBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    Think it's called A-10 or the Hulk? Maybe both?
    Correction...A-10 is near Market Commons in south Myrtle Beach. The Hulk is near the YMCA.

mtbr member
    The Hulk, officially the Horry County Bike Run Park. 6+ miles of trail with some hills including a 30 footer. Check the above link for Waccamaw Trail Blazers for more info. This trail hosted one of the CCORS races. I ride there virtually every weekend and it is challenging, especially for this area.