Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

New shop in Asheville NC looking for riders for 2013

Billy Goat bikes will be opening a new store in Asheville NC and we are looking for riders of all disciplines to sponsor for 2013. I wont post a bunch of details here, any interested riders can send an email with a resume to matt@billygoatbikes.com.

Thanks

Matt

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Cool, what part town? I'll definitely be purchasing some MK's, hate going to Mast General and fighting my way through the tourist.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmatt17 View Post
    riders of all disciplinest
    Even bikepacking?

Big Mac
    Well, Asheville certainly needs another bike shop. What is it that will set y'all apart?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE]Cool, what part town? I'll definitely be purchasing some MK's, hate going to Mast General and fighting my way through the tourist./QUOTE]

Is right by Sams club off Patton Avenue

[QUOTE]Even bikepacking?/QUOTE]

Im not sure any of my bikes will fit in a backpack but maybe

[QUOTE]Well, Asheville certainly needs another bike shop. What is it that will set y'all apart?/QUOTE]

How about this, We dont have a 5K rent payment and no employees and very low overhead. So what we are selling is: at least a 15% discount, customer service for all types of riders (XC, DH, AM, Road Racing and Cyclocross). O yeah and Devinci bikes with a lifetime warranty

mtbr member
    May 2007
    How do you have great customer service with no employees?

Do you have a store in Greenville now?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    No employees?

There are shops in Asheville with a better plan. They have employees, but just don't pay them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I think he's referring to the him/owner running the shop with no help = no employees.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE]I think he's referring to the him/owner running the shop with no help = no employees./QUOTE]

Bingo, Owners only so helps keep our overhead low so the prices are better. We didnt have a store in Greenville, our race team was based out of GVL until we relocated here. We did have freeride park down towards Columbia about 3 years ago. Im not trying to SPAM this forum with stuff about the shop but we do need to get some riders on bikes in the area. So if your looking for a great deal and great customer service send me an email. matt@billygoatbikes.com

mtbr member
    Because Asheville needs more bike shops.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Like breweries and bbq joints, there always seems to be room for another in WNC

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L. View Post
    Because Asheville needs more bike shops.
    What if it becomes the best shop in Asheville? What if they give you the best service and a bike at the best price? I dont know you or the guy opening the shop, but why take a dig on someone you know nothing about?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Everyone has an opinion, Here is my promise: Come to our shop and give us a chance. We guarantee the lowest prices and the best customer service. The research supports another bike shop but we cant win everyone over

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Haven't taken my bikes to a LBS in two years. Owner/operator shops are the nuts. Best of luck.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by karma 33 View Post
    but why take a dig on someone you know nothing about?
    Because some people never have anything constructive to offer so they "take digs" in order to seek attention.
    They sit behind keyboards taking crap but usually keep their mouth shut when confronted in person.

Any way you look at it, competition is always good even if there is no need for another shop.
    It breeds better service and possibly better prices and the consumers will always benefit from it.

rocketmatt, good luck with the new shop.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Because some people never have anything constructive to offer so they "take digs" in order to seek attention.
    I like to take digs.....that's why I volunteer my time to work on local trails....booyah!!!

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by sjanes View Post
    I like to take digs.....that's why I volunteer my time to work on local trails....booyah!!!
    LOL, those types of digs are constructive and help the entire community.

Good job and thank you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTEHaven't taken my bikes to a LBS in two years. Owner/operator shops are the nuts. Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people work on their own bikes but they still need and want parts. What if you could buy parts at pricepoint prices but from your local bike shop. Thanks for your support too

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Congrats Matt. Let me know when you open.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sjanes View Post
    Wait, sjanes has also recently opened a shop. Time for a shop-off !!!!!

I bet he is just in it to get kids on bikes !!

Some Assembly Required
    Seems like you can't look at anything on the net w/o someone trashing, bullying, talking crap to anyone that needs help or is trying to get a small business of the ground, etc.

pitifull & sad.

BTW- GOOD LUCK W/ YOUR SHOP !!!!
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE]BTW- GOOD LUCK W/ YOUR SHOP !/QUOTE]

Thanks !!!

mtbr member
    Sjanes is obviously part of a much larger conspiracy to get kids into mountain biking to turn them into paying adults which will then feed the other bike shops in WNC. Could he be a an agent for the WNC Bicycle Shop Assoc? He is obviously evil and doing all this for his evil agenda. I blame it all on evil. But he seems to be doing a great job.

(Of course he is the antithesis of the above post.)
    He/she who works the trails does so in their own image.

Speed just slows me down...

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand View Post
    Seems like you can't look at anything on the net w/o someone trashing, bullying, talking crap to anyone that needs help or is trying to get a small business of the ground, etc.

pitifull & sad.

Unfortunately that is true with just about anything in life.
    There will always be people that will try and bring you down to their level instead of encouraging you.

Just think how much better the world be if it wasn't for the naysayers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bfluid View Post
    Sjanes is obviously part of a much larger conspiracy to get kids into mountain biking to turn them into paying adults which will then feed the other bike shops in WNC. Could he be a an agent for the WNC Bicycle Shop Assoc? He is obviously evil and doing all this for his evil agenda. I blame it all on evil. But he seems to be doing a great job.

(Of course he is the antithesis of the above post.)
    I don't know what an Antithesis is, but it sounds evil.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast