Spoke Breaker!
    Aug 2010

need cheap temporary frame...

My brothers KHS Alite 2000 frame cracked. The frame is back at KHS waiting to be replaced (who knows when they will get to it or if they will actually honor their frame warrenty). We have been taking turns on my bike but that is already really old. For one I lost my riding partner, and for two we usually want to ride on the same days.

Nashbar has a cheap $100 MTB frame that I was thinking of picking up for him to use in the mean time. Any other Ideas?
    Fat-n00b

KHS sixfifty606
    Felt F90

Current Condition:
    6' 2" @ 288 lbs.

mtbr member
    If you're in the Raleigh/Durham area I've got an old trek 26" frame you can use for free for as long as you need.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    FYI! Remember that just buying a frame and thinking all your old parts will fit, won't get you a complete bike. The seat post diameter could be different, the front Derailliur, seat post clamp, chain length, Bottom bracket, Headset, etc. Is your old forks steer tube long enough? cable housing, cables?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Call Allen at Epic cycles in Black mtn he usually has a bunch of frames laying around.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brokeONE
    Call Allen at Epic cycles in Black mtn he usually has a bunch of frames laying around.

+1 to this. I live in Black Mountain. He's a stand up guy

Pisgah-Pale-Alien
    The Hub in Brevard has some Harvey Cycle F/S frames they're closing out for $100. I think they were around $600/700 when full price.