mtbr member

My visit to asheville, or, Sliding Rock stole my wedding ring!

Hello everyone, my name is kevin, and I'm from the DC metro area. This past weekend my wife and i made a trip down to visit one of our favorite places, asheville. The trip was great, and i was able to bring my bike and ride at bent creek. We also made a visit to sliding rock, where i LOST MY WEDDING RING! I fear it is gone for good, but i thought maybe someone here might be interested in diving.... or know someone? A reward for finding it is certainly something i would offer, and please PM me if you are a wonderful person who wants to help a stranger (fellow mountain biker!), and have an idea, know someone or any other helpful info. the chances i get this ring back are slim to none at best, but i thought if there was one community i could reach out to for help, my fellow riders of the dirt would be it! thanks in advance!

-kevin

mtbr member
    Does Gollum live in the area? He is pretty good at finding things like that. Too bad about your ring. That is definitely a needle in a pretty big haystack.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike
    Does Gollum live in the area? He is pretty good at finding things like that. Too bad about your ring. That is definitely a needle in a pretty big haystack.
    Well, if you go to sliding rock, at the base of the rock, there is a pool, the pool you fall into when you slide down the rock... its in there! oh for a wet-suit, an air hose, some lights and a pair of goggles!
    any takers???

Official Cooler Inspector
    With current low water levels - you never know if someone might hone in on it. Contact the Pisgah Ranger Station and some local outfitters. I've heard many "fishing stories" over the years. I found a small gold colored earring between some pebbles while sitting on a rock and watching the water. Was it gold or silver? Something that would shine?

http://www.davidsonflyfishing.com/index.php

Good Luck!
    I am a fool for those special connections

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I lost mine there also a couple of years ago. Went to walmart and bought some goggles. I spent about 30 minutes early in the morning before the croud arrived diving around in the pool until I almost got hypothermia. Never found the ring. But I found car keys, glasses, shoes, earrings, etc. Theres also some decent trout in that pool believe it or not. The ranger said there is a guy that scubas in there a couple times of year looking for treasures. He took my name and number but I have never heard anything back.