Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mulberry Gap

banned

Good job! Mulberry Gap

We made a good choice to go down
    here
    this past weekend, the trails are in excellent shape. We got in 70 miles and this place really caters to Mountain bikers. I'm heading back soon - its the bestest way to get a singletrack fix this time of year The meals and accomodations were top notch.The Pinhoti trail runs right through this area and we rode right out of the camp for most of our rides.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Heard great stuff about the place but I've never been.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I am going to try to talk my wife into doing this for an anniversary weekend this year. Is there a place to securly lock up the kids so I do not need to get them a baby sitter or drop them off at the Grand Parents?

mtbr member
    You can put them in the coop with the chickens.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    great Idea my duaghters love chikcens.

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    Someone really needs to start a babysitting service that caters to Mountian bikers maybe we could all take turns

Asheville YetiRider
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    We made a good choice to go down
    here
    this past weekend, the trails are in excellent shape. We got in 70 miles and this place really caters to Mountain bikers. I'm heading back soon - its the bestest way to get a singletrack fix this time of year The meals and accomodations were top notch.The Pinhoti trail runs right through this area and we rode right out of the camp for most of our rides.
    I could not have said it any better. Except maybe that between the waffles, pan cakes, brownies, home made meatballs, fresh chicken and eggs I will try to resist a little bit of all that temptation. On second thought the heck with that it just gives me another reason to ride more.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

Machine
    I went with a couple buddies back in April. We chose to camp versus staying in the cabins. The weather was perfect, the trails were challenging, but crazy fun. The food - INCREDIBLE. Mrs. Diana and the rest of the Mulberry crew are amazingly hospitable. The facilities were superb. The energy there couldn't have been better. I can't wait to go back. I'm predicting Sept 30-Oct 2. This time hopefully on a 2011 Gary Fisher COBIA, compared to a Trek 3500 in April.

To anyone else thinking of bringing a wife or girlfriend, I'll let you know mine would shoot me dead if I drug her out there. She's a wimp when it comes to long climbs and would not find the trip very relaxing. I haven't broken her into the offroad scene yet. Gotta build up to the Pinhoti. She could definitely use some improvement in the coordination department, which could mean life or death out there, ha!
    Last edited by agarner59; 08-10-2011 at 07:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by agarner59 View Post
    To anyone else thinking of bringing a wife or girlfriend, I'll let you know mine would shoot me dead if I drug her out there. She's a wimp when it comes to long climbs and would not find the trip very relaxing. I haven't broken her into the offroad scene yet. Gotta build up to the Pinhoti. She could definitely use some improvement in the coordination department, which could mean life or death out there, ha!
    What about if you bring a wife AND a girl friend?

endorphin junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    What about if you bring a wife AND a girl friend?
    Not a good idea.. you go out to ride while the two of them plot your demise.
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
    T.S. Eliot

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by agarner59 View Post
    I went with a couple buddies back in April. We chose to camp versus staying in the cabins. The weather was perfect, the trails were challenging, but crazy fun. The food - INCREDIBLE. Mrs. Diana and the rest of the Mulberry crew are amazingly hospitable. The facilities were superb. The energy there couldn't have been better. I can't wait to go back. I'm predicting Sept 30-Oct 2. This time hopefully on a 2011 Gary Fisher COBIA, compared to a Trek 3500 in April.

Nice bump of an old thread
    This place
    has great energy. Its a mountain bikers perfect get-a-way!
    I would recommend buying the "Good map" when you get there.
    No talk of closing trails to bikes in these woods.

ohhman
    My parents live about 15-20 min. away. Will be making a Thanksgiving trip down there to ride and get free babysitting. Let me know if you wanna join.... Such a fun place to pedal, or get a shuttle in the limo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by salmansp View Post
    My parents live about 15-20 min. away. Will be making a Thanksgiving trip down there to ride and get free babysitting. Let me know if you wanna join.... Such a fun place to pedal, or get a shuttle in the limo.
    I should be back to the right number of legs by then
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    I really want to plan a trip there before the cold season starts. I just need to figure out a date.
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

Asheville YetiRider
    [QUOTE=waterdogs;8334895]I really want to plan a trip there before the cold season starts. I just need to figure out a date.[/QUOTE

Keep me in the loop if you want. I am all for going back.

mtbr member
    Sept is open except for the US Nationals wkd at Beech, then a buddy is getting married on the first weekend of Oct. I know he wants to go too. Maybe early Sept or mid Oct.

Either way, will do.
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

Asheville YetiRider
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdogs View Post
    Sept is open except for the US Nationals wkd at Beech, then a buddy is getting married on the first weekend of Oct. I know he wants to go too. Maybe early Sept or mid Oct.

Either way, will do.
    Of course you don't need to work around my schedule. But here it is:
    9/3 Shanandoa 100
    9/11 Black Bear
    10/1 Stage Race
    10/29 Double Dare
    11/6 Swank 65
    Sometime in Nov would be best for me. Keep me in the and I may be able to make it at least one night.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheville YetiRider View Post
    Of course you don't need to work around my schedule. But here it is:
    9/3 Shanandoa 100
    9/11 Black Bear
    10/1 Stage Race
    10/29 Double Dare
    11/6 Swank 65
    Sometime in Nov would be best for me. Keep me in the and I may be able to make it at least one night.

Dang Pat - That's about $1,000 worth of entry fees. I hope you have a good sponsor!

Asheville YetiRider
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    Dang Pat - That's about $1,000 worth of entry fees. I hope you have a good sponsor!
    I have the worlds greatest sponsor. Kingsdown Mattresses | Affordable Bedding | Dr Sleep | Mattress Store

I just hope my sponsor does not fire me if I don't place.

drunken pirate
    Um, if you are wanting an excuse to go to Mulberry Gap you guys could always just sign up for the TNGA - Trans North Georgia Mountain Bike Adventure . Stay there Friday night before you start and then after you finish. And stop in at the half way point! The price is right as well!
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    We are planning a trip for my wifes bday around OCt 6 10-6-66 the number of the beast !!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Where?

Where is Mulberry Gap. Will be in NC next week. Thanks
    dm

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmassey View Post
    Where is Mulberry Gap. Will be in NC next week. Thanks
    Its not in NC, we just went there as an alternative to snow covered trails. If you are coming to NC then the trails here are better

Click on this link Mulberry Gap, home of the unique mountain bike destination
    Its in Ellijay, Georgia.

person
    It's a great place. Go there !

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I agree, great food, all you can eat, and great riding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast