Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MTB of Charleston SC

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jpneely 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

Anyone in the Charleston SC area I started a FaceBook group called "MTB of Charleston SC". I did this as a means for ppl that we meet to join the group and communicate when their going riding to hopefully organize riding groups. Check it out if you're interested!! I(we) would enjoy meeting new friends to ride with!

Thanks
Kevin

#2 ·
Hey everyone!

Anyone in the Charleston SC area I started a FaceBook group called "MTB of Charleston SC". I did this as a means for ppl that we meet to join the group and communicate when their going riding to hopefully organize riding groups. Check it out if you're interested!! I(we) would enjoy meeting new friends to ride with!

Thanks
Kevin
That sounds great, unfortunately I don't have a FB. If you send me a pm with some details or contact info Id love to meet up and ride.

#6 ·
On the low country fat tire freaks Facebook page, people are talking about grinding the roots (with a video no less). They actually look like they are removing roots and making the trails completely obstacle free. Am I missing something? Does not look like something that would be mountain biking better...

#7 ·
While I can't speak for them on the why of removing the roots i can speak on my observations riding the trails and others like it. We have a very sandy soil here with very shallow roots when the top layer of leaves is removed exposing the roots there is not much to keep them down. Once the trail is compact they become free and act like springs as you ride over them. On mixed use trails they become snags for trail runners and hikers. So most land managers opts to remove them.

That being said they do have a trail at Marrington that is tight and rooty and they are keeping it that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.