mtbr member

Meadow Creek Mountain - MAP 782

So has anybody ever ridden this trail?

From what I can tell on the map, it is 14 miles of ridgeline and its open to bikes!!

I am riding in the Hot Springs area this Sunday 08-16-2009 if anyone is interested in joining me, post up.

I have only ridden Paint Mountain and Chimney rock in the area, looking to explore.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    14 miles of ridgeline open to bikes???!!! Please post back after you check this out. My one trip to Hot Springs didn't net us much good riding...but I'm sure that was jut due to slackness and lack of local knowledge.

mtbr member
    It seems to be a favorite of the horse crowd - http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/cherokee/rec...ls_horse.shtml

Google "meadow creek mountain trails cherokee" and you get quite a few horse related links. But the trail does look interesting. Take plenty of water though 'cause you find any up on the ridgeline
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    Well. . .

I didn't make it out to Mountain Meadow as it would be a really long day.

I was able to hammer out a big gravel grinder, the mountains around TN/NC border seem to go on forever!!!

Found another sweet piece of single track in the process, Paint Mountain trail. It almost seems as though the dirt has never seen a mountain bike tire but surely somebody out there is riding this stuff because it is sweet.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
    Paint mtn is a fun downhill. I used to ride it regularly about 10 years ago, but haven't been back in years. There was another big DH that dumps out just outside Hot Spgs. I'll see if I can remember details before your BIG DAY.
    Dirtbag since '89