• 12-15-2012
    briankrider
    Lost Keys - Bent Creek/Pinnacle Parking Lot
    Lost large set of keys, has/had mini stainless S-clip and small black flashlight attached. :madman:

Last known whereabouts Bent Creek, Pinnacle parking lot, Saturday 12/15/2012 between 8-10:30 AM. Please reply private message if found. Thanks,
  • 12-16-2012
    kjlued
    Did you check near the sign at the trail head?
    Often people put found items there.
  • 12-16-2012
    acer66
    There was some stuff laying on the wood surronding the concrete pad in front of the toilet yesterday afternoon.
  • 12-16-2012
    acer66
    Had a little brainfart, with wood I meant the wooden benches, I checked today but did not see any keys.
  • 12-17-2012
    briankrider
    Yes, I went back Sunday afternoon and checked the info kiosks [gloves, rubber cushion for Yakima roof rack, etc] and that bench area, no keys.:mad: Thanks,

Brian K.
  • 12-17-2012
    Tone's
    Brian, i found them and im waiting in the bushes outside you house right now waiting for you to leave...
  • 12-17-2012
    acer66
    CL might be also worth checking since I saw someone posting he/she found a multitool in Bent Creek.
  • 12-18-2012
    gordon235
    Protect your Keys and Other Valuables
    I really hope you find your keys. They are of no value to anybody else, but, unfortunately, the finder has no way to reach you. Here’s a suggestion. Protect your keys and other valuables, especially when biking or traveling. My lost laptop found me because of the UID tag I had on it from MYSTUFFLOSTANDFOUND. I placed Okoban tracker tags on all of my valuables – laptop, keys, phone, tablet, credit cards, camera and even passport and luggage. Okoban is a free global lost and found service (no annual renewal fees) established in 2,000 airports, 400 airlines and thousands of "frequent finder locations" worldwide.
  • 12-19-2012
    briankrider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gordon235 View Post
    I really hope you find your keys. They are of no value to anybody else, but, unfortunately, the finder has no way to reach you. Here’s a suggestion. Protect your keys and other valuables, especially when biking or traveling. My lost laptop found me because of the UID tag I had on it from MYSTUFFLOSTANDFOUND. I placed Okoban tracker tags on all of my valuables – laptop, keys, phone, tablet, credit cards, camera and even passport and luggage. Okoban is a free global lost and found service (no annual renewal fees) established in 2,000 airports, 400 airlines and thousands of "frequent finder locations" worldwide.

Hey, I lucked out--I did find them! And by retracing my tracks/ride that day, I got in an extra ride! Thanks to all who responded with thoughtful suggestions! Bottom line: key hooks on packs--use them. Zippered pouches do open by themselves down Greens Lick!

BrianK
  • 12-19-2012
    kjlued
    I don't trust carabiners either as most the ones used for keys really are not that strong and could easily come unclipped. I suppose you could use a real climbing carabiner but I also don't trust most the places I can clip them to. lol

I put them in a pocket they can't come out of. (Well, I suppose anything could happen if the stars aligned just right.)

Sometimes sh!t just happens. Glad you found yours.

This does remind me though, I need to hide a spare on the new car.
    Locked myself out the other day when I was traveling and had to buy a lock out kit to get back in. hahaha
  • 12-19-2012
    acer66
    a friend of mine just puts his keys on the front tire of his car
  • 12-20-2012
    pisgahproductions
    Quote:

Originally Posted by briankrider View Post
    Hey, I lucked out--I did find them! And by retracing my tracks/ride that day, I got in an extra ride! Thanks to all who responded with thoughtful suggestions! Bottom line: key hooks on packs--use them. Zippered pouches do open by themselves down Greens Lick!

BrianK

Awesome! You should have gone out and played the lottery right after!