mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Length of Dairy Ridge Rd to Southside Trail

Hey gang,

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of the length of the trail starting at dairy ridge road and going through to southside? i rode it one time and only managed about 4 miles before it started thundering and i had to turn around for the truck. I usually just park at southside but would occasionally like to start at dairy ridge and ride all the way down if that's feasible. thanks.

mtbr member
    If you are going to ride from the PT parking lot on DR road over to SS, the best way is to take the PT to the end and then turn right. Just past the picnic tables, there is a connector trail that takes you down to the creek. You can ride across the creek and then turn right on the other side. Go a short distance and the trail will split. Take the left fork and it is about a 1/2 mile fairly steep climb that takes you up to McFadden Rd. You can go straight across the road, but the trail on that side is a real mess when it rains and not that great when it is dry. If you turn right on the rd. and then turn left on the main park road, it is about another mile down to the turn off that takes the PT down across the bridge and over to Southside. Total distance on the trail and road is probably about 5 miles.

There is plenty of good trail on the DR side of Croft. You can easily get a 3-4 hour ride in without going to SS. PM me if you want a (slow) guide sometime.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller