banned

Last night ride before....

This crap hits!
    Ridn29s suggested one last nite ride before we get snowed in-again. Thursday night something on the high trails, cause if we ride low we may run into an otter?!?
    Who's in ??? Yeti/tallboy you up for it, we could wait to leave until you get off? Cruso we may need you to meet us to shuttle us up high.What about you HUB boys- Sam you game? Probably gonna meet at Coontree if "some pies" dosen't drive past it I'll post a time later.

Big Mac
    So, Cruso is now the official shuttle bunny?

banned
    yep for now
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    6, 7, or 8? Depends on who is coming and when they can make it. I'm open.

Coontree, Clawhammer, Black, Buckwheat, Bennett, Coontree.
    The not-quite as nasty route. BTW, can you even shuttle Bennett? Is 477 open at Pink Beds?

We'll be gentle on Coontree if it's still wet.
    many gears, some pies

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    So, Cruso is now the official shuttle bunny?
    Of course. Please do some shuttle runs so I can feel like I'm doing something besides getting FAT.

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    Of course. Please do some shuttle runs so I can feel like I'm doing something besides getting FAT.
    I could use some beer and I really don't feel like going back out. You interested? I'd give you one for your trouble.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    I could use some beer and I really don't feel like going back out. You interested? I'd give you one for your trouble.
    If it involves riding a mountain bike on very tame terrain, I'm in.

mtbr member
    If it involves riding a mountain bike on very tame terrain, I'm in.
    Now, Now..... Hope you are taking care of that knee!

Got out last night.. Kind of muddy/kind of frozen, but doable... Luckily, things were still cold enough so that it was not a complete mudfest..

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dscarbs
    Now, Now..... Hope you are taking care of that knee!

Got out last night.. Kind of muddy/kind of frozen, but doable... Luckily, things were still cold enough so that it was not a complete mudfest..
    Dammit! I'm busted. Sucks when your PT reads the same boards as you do.

mtbr member
    7:30 @ Coontree. Weather's pretty fair IMHO, don't hide behind that keyboard any longer!
    many gears, some pies

banned
    Well 3 brave souls rode last night, Me, ridn29s and Ashevilleyetirider rode till midnight. A good cold nite ride we went up coontree-down bennet-up clawhammer-up blk. mtn.-up buckwheat- down bennet to coontree a 14 mile loop, mostly hikeabike! I forgot how fun of a downhill Bennet & coontree are.

Its a shame out of all you e-riders only 3 will actually ride, we are riding Sunday who's in I'll be sure to post a time&place

banned
    Puuhleeaase. There is no real riding that goes on around here. You three probable just played world of warcraft all night and passed out while eating cheesy puffs and cracker jacks.

mtbr member
    we tried to ride as irresponsibly as possible but the ground was frozen so we couldn't make any big ruts Anyway, we were rewarded with a really nice nearly-full moon view of the Davidson River watershed from Bennett.

BTW Moto, I think the freaky shining place we saw off in the distance was Hwy 215 @ Tanasee Bald. There are some ice-cliffs right along there that would reflect the moonlight and car lights. It seemed like alot of traffic though....
    many gears, some pies

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ridn29s
    we tried to ride as irresponsibly as possible but the ground was frozen so we couldn't make any big ruts Anyway, we were rewarded with a really nice nearly-full moon view of the Davidson River watershed from Bennett.

BTW Moto, I think the freaky shining place we saw off in the distance was Hwy 215 @ Tanasee Bald. There are some ice-cliffs right along there that would reflect the moonlight and car lights. It seemed like alot of traffic though....
    Cool,I thought it was just that half a hit of Acid I dropped on Buckwheat

ohhman
    Sounds like a good time.

I'm suffering in 70 degree weather @ the beach.

What about an encore, once the snow is on the ground. Maybe Monday night? As long as I can make it back into Asheville sun. Night.

mtbr member
    Laurel Mtn was awesome this morning. Frozen trail, icy rocks, sun shining on my back the entire up and down. On the way down, some of the stuff that was icy was actually dry. Very few snow patches.

FYI - 1206 is gated just past the campground.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swoodbrn
    Laurel Mtn was awesome this morning. Frozen trail, icy rocks, sun shining on my back the entire up and down. On the way down, some of the stuff that was icy was actually dry. Very few snow patches.

FYI - 1206 is gated just past the campground.
    I guess I should have asked but we found out 1206 was gated Sunday when we rode Laurel 1206 was all ice up to Laurel. Laurel was frozen but rideable.

mtbr member
    1206 was a fun descent, with the tire tracks of ice - it was like a video game, you had to pick a road patch and hope that it kept going and didn't terminate in ice; if so, you had to just coast across the ice tracks, trying not to turn, careening toward the bank (or abyss), hoping there'd soon enough be a sufficiently wide road patch to turn back on course.

mtbr member
    Puuhleeaase. There is no real riding that goes on around here. You three probable just played world of warcraft all night and passed out while eating cheesy puffs and cracker jacks.
    buuuuuuuurp
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by salmansp
    Sounds like a good time.

I'm suffering in 70 degree weather @ the beach.

What about an encore, once the snow is on the ground. Maybe Monday night? As long as I can make it back into Asheville sun. Night.
    Ha! We're at 4+" and still snowing here in Brevard.... I'd go for a nice snow hike in the moonlight though.
    many gears, some pies