mtbr member

Kitsuma opinion and blah,blah

Papa Fun and me rode it Saturday morning on a splendid fall day. My opinion will get beat-up im sure but that`s ok.
    I think that we all need to "ride it in" and there are already lines forming. The vegetation will grow back and erosion will surely occur as the trail is steep. The grade reversals will divert water for sure and will "soften" over a very short time turning into jumps.
    The wide trail will go away and within a year i will predict a very fun,tech trail will emerge. It will not be the same but it isn`t bad. If you go ride it just keep in mind that in a very short time, probably just 1 season the bitc#$@% will stop except for the usual interdwebs.
    I guess the most enjoyable thing about the new Kitsuma is we did it as an out-n-back and going back up the trail is much more do-able now....
    So it`s not as bad as everyone is saying it is..go ride it and form your own opinion.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Ghange to Kitsuma?

Hey just read your post, what happened to Kitsuma? I rode this during ORAMM, it was a fun ride once it rained, and have a little memento from my second pass. Did something happen, or was this a planned change?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tsimmons
    Hey just read your post, what happened to Kitsuma? I rode this during ORAMM, it was a fun ride once it rained, and have a little memento from my second pass. Did something happen, or was this a planned change?
    Check out the other posts on the first page in this section and you'll see what's up. Essentially, Kitsuma has been water-barred and de-rooted and it rides like a different trail now.
    idiom - raleigh hard rock
    http://www.idiomband.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    stevehollx, after making my reply to your post I was looking further and found the string of posts on the trail work. Seems that there are a lot of dissatisfied people out there with the changes that were made. I plan on coming back out early in the spring to do some riding, and working on Curtis Creek. Mountain biking is just not the same now down east in NC after ORAMM, and now Swank. I will be coming back west for more real MTB riding. Thanks for the reply.