Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kitsuma

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  djcnwriding 
#1 · (Edited)
Other than the I-40 traffic noise, this one represents the standard for perfection.
What else compares in WNC ?
Certainly nothing in the GF district.

#3 ·
Look at the top 10 rides thread.
Almost every one of these rides has sections that I would consider as good if not better than most of Kitsuma.
Kitsuma, while a great trail, is blown-out from water erosion and use. 6-7 years ago, it was 1/2 as wide with none of the stutter bumps or gullied out sections it now contains. Still a great ride- just vastly different than it used to be.
Mike

#4 ·
Brado is right

If you like Kitsuma, you'll really dig Heartbreak. I rode it last weekend and it reminded me why I think it's the best downhill in Pisgah. Killer scenery, gutbusting climbs, ripping fast downs, old growth forest and a remote feel. Just a great ride.

#7 ·
brado1 said:
When the description includes " some participants quit mountain biking after this event"..or something to that affect, that just doesn't sound like my idea of fun.
It's like today, I rode fron Linville to 80 and back, on the Parkway, with a friend who is training for the BSG.
80 miles, not my idea of fun..
What's the effing point, anyway, if you don't weigh 145.
At 190 plus, I call it enduro-crap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.