aeb
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Kids Ride Tomorrow Rice Pinnacle

For those of you like me who are getting more and more fallout on the homefront for not taking the little ones with you ,

I am meeting a couple of friends with kids at Rice Pinnacle at 9:00 for an outing with the little ones.

We will most likely ride up the gravel rd, down Wolf Branch, and cut over to the lake and do Explorer and some other somewhat moderate trails.

These kids are riding 24"-26" geared bikes and actually ride pretty well. Amazing what you can do when you weigh 50 lbs. and have no fear.

Feel free to join us

Official Cooler Inspector
    How'd your ride turn out?

A lot of area folks were at the Gathering and TFL this weekend.

aeb
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Ride went well.

Had 6 kids ages 7-10. Rode Wolfe Branch, Hardtimes Connector, Pine Tree and Deerfield.

The 10 yr old rode the logs on Wolfe Branch.

We may repeat next week if there is any interest.

Thanks

aeb
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

"BC is gone as we know it"

I have done as much complaining as anyone about the transformation of the trails at BC; however, I must say that these kids had a blast on those trails and I don't think that they could have ridden them as they were last year.

We still have lots of technical riding in the area. Maybe making BC more multi user friendly isn't all that bad.

Official Cooler Inspector
    I don't have any future Driving Miss Piper to Teeters candidates in my life, but I've really enjoyed watching the neighborhood's potential delinquents gravitate to the woods. My hope is they’ll give me a break one day in exchange for "retro parts", stories from the old days and loaning antiquated DVD’s.

Check your PM.