mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Jacob Fork Park- Attn Hickory area riders

Jacob Fork Park will have an official ribbon cutting and trail dedication this Sat. May 4th at 10AM. If you live in the greater Hickory area, please try and attend this to show your support for trails.

Jacob Fork is a Town of Newton Park, and this is the first park that they have trails is. I master-planned the park several years back and the trail development has taken several stages including the surfaced walking trail around the ball field and the 2 mile woodland trail open to bikes and hiking. The woodland trail was built late last year and has been opened for a bit now, but this Sat. will be the ceremony to recognize the positive effects that trails can have in smaller parks. The master plan also called for a pump track and skills area and perhaps that will become a reality at some point.

Woody

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The weather cooperated for the opening ceremony of the Jacob Fork Park Woodland Loop Trail, though it turned bad in the afternoon. A good group of folks gather including the Mayor of Newton, city Parks and Rec staff, mountain bikers, and those involved in the development of the trail. A short but sweet ribbon cutting and then off to the trail for a test ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images                  

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    More photos from the day, fun trail for sure. The master plan calls for a pump track and skills area, that will happen if they can get funding.
    Attached Images Attached Images                  

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I live just 10 mins away from that place. I will definitely check it out. Do you know what hours they are open?