mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Iam new, need to know a few things

Hey guys. Iam new to this forum, and pretty new to mountain biking. I've been wanting to get into it more, but I dont know too much about it right now. I used to ride my old bike everywhere when I was younger. Some trails, and long trips. Not road bikes though.

Currently iam station at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. I dont have a bike, and I dont know if there are any good places to go ride around here. So does anyone have some info about this area, good bikes, gear, and all that other good stuff?

thanks,

Mike

When did you get here?!?!

Welcome!

I don't have any real info for you but I'm sure someone will speak-up soon...
    My only bit of advise: Get a bike that fits. Don't go and pick one out yourself at the PX or Wally World or off ebay. Go to a local bike shop.
    ~E
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

pronounced may-duh
    Where the heck is Camp Lejeune?

Go Hokies!
    Feb 2006
    It is a huge Marine Corp Base. It is on the coast about 20 miles or so north of Wilmington.

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by David George
    It is a huge Marine Corp Base. It is on the coast about 20 miles or so north of Wilmington.
    Ok check out this guys site http://sirbikesalot.com/