mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. how's the industry nine pump track coming?

Is it "blue" yet? I'm considering building one in my yard but haven't tried out theirs. Are there any others in the Asheville area? I'm looking for some new ideas and inspiration before i start digging.

Chris

twinkie
    May 2004

It's done!

The track over here is finished. Only one problem, Ryan T., Gerritt B. and Fred S. built it to be a challenge for them. Well, what we have ended up with is a pump track that is fun for about 5 people in town. Otherwise, it's just a lot of work.

She needs a re-design and a lengthening. I will try and rally and make this a wintertime project to make the track more fun for other level riders.
    Feel free to come check it out for ideas or just to ride!

mtbr member
    I'm down for helping. I stopped by the other day on my way to Leicester and the grass looked out of control. Just rolled through the parking lot though and didn't get out to take a really good look. Let us know when there are plans to do any reworking or expansion and I will try to take that day off of work. I have a weed-eater I could bring out to trim back the grass and weeds and a couple of shovels.

Marshall
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

-G-
    dirt camper
    Nov 2005
    We are planning one near Old Fort behind the house that will be open to other riders once it's finished.Anyone want to give advice? So far I have only seen the posts on LeeLikesBikes' website about how to build one.

Main question...am I going to have to rent a bobcat or can this be done another way?

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by -G-
    We are planning one near Old Fort behind the house that will be open to other riders once it's finished.Anyone want to give advice? So far I have only seen the posts on LeeLikesBikes' website about how to build one.

Main question...am I going to have to rent a bobcat or can this be done another way?
    If you want a big one like I9's you'll probably need heavy equipment. A local Charlotte boy (man) known as Benzmonkeyboy (Mike) built the one in this thread all by his lonesome self I believe.
    http://www.bikepasa.com/phpBB2/viewt...+track&start=0
    Even a geek like me can get a groove on if it's well built.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    The one at Industrynine was built in one day using a bobcat with about 10 or so people with shovels doing finishing work on rollers and berms. It can be done by hand, just takes longer. If you rent a bobcat make sure you have a design in mind before you start so you can get away with renting it for just a day. Later you can do finishing work on anything you decide to change.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by losjefes
    The track over here is finished. Only one problem, Ryan T., Gerritt B. and Fred S. built it to be a challenge for them. Well, what we have ended up with is a pump track that is fun for about 5 people in town. Otherwise, it's just a lot of work.

She needs a re-design and a lengthening. I will try and rally and make this a wintertime project to make the track more fun for other level riders.
    Feel free to come check it out for ideas or just to ride!
    Hey losjefes, is this the section of the track that you were referring to? Last time I was there only Garrett and some guy on a P.3 were the only ones able to double the first two rollers coming out of the first berm. Of course that was back in the spring so I don't know if the track has changed since then. Check out Fred stylin' through the second berm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

XC Champion
    May 2006
    What are the rules surrounding riding the pump track? I know at one point people were signing waivers...I'd be interested in helping out with it and hopefully riding it as well.

twinkie
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mb3designs
    Hey losjefes, is this the section of the track that you were referring to? Last time I was there only Garrett and some guy on a P.3 were the only ones able to double the first two rollers coming out of the first berm. Of course that was back in the spring so I don't know if the track has changed since then. Check out Fred stylin' through the second berm.
    Yep, that's the major problem area. If you can't double out of that there is no way you can pump the rest of the track. And it's a lot harder than it looks. There also needs to be a higher speed section leading into the uphill part of the track (just past where Fred is in the pic) to make carrying speed through that section feasible.

mtbr member
    Making the second roller smaller and increasing the size of the first roller coming out of the first berm could help increase speed since you are already carrying decent speed into and out of the first berm. Or that section could be turned into a four pack or there could be two lines built into that section. The possibilities are endless.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]