mtbr member

How Are The Trails Around Huntersville NC Now?

Going to be in Huntersville 3/30 through 4-6. Last time down I rode the Whitewater center trails, Lake Norman trails and a few other locals. Just wondering what condition they are in now. I have not been there at this time of year.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Trails are just fine. Come on and ride.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    As long as there hasn't been any recent soaking rain, all is good. Be sure to hit Fisher Farm while your in the area, too. It tends to stay open while others are very quick to close when it drizzles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski View Post
    As long as there hasn't been any recent soaking rain, all is good. Be sure to hit Fisher Farm while your in the area, too. It tends to stay open while others are very quick to close when it drizzles.
    I rode Fisher farm also last time down on my fat bike,9-0-7, it was a good starter. I especially liked the harder loop that has a ten mile option at Lake Norman. I only did the five mile section but I will return for the ten mile loop this time. I am bringing my brand new Trigger 29er-1. My first ride on it will be in NC. Cant wait. It is still snowing here in NY. Are there any group rides next week?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    It's probably 40 min from Huntersville, but I'd definitely check out the newest trail in the area, Rocky River Trail...Tarheel Trailblazers.com - Charlotte's Premier Mountain Bike Club!

Your Trigger will definitely like some of the features out there, and your legs will scream on the climbs. No place in the area has as much elevation change.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski View Post
    It's probably 40 min from Huntersville, but I'd definitely check out the newest trail in the area, Rocky River Trail...Tarheel Trailblazers.com - Charlotte's Premier Mountain Bike Club!

Your Trigger will definitely like some of the features out there, and your legs will scream on the climbs. No place in the area has as much elevation change.
    Thanks. I will probably check this one out towards the end of the week as my fitness needs a few days of tweaking before any tough rides. It's still snowing here in NY and I have not been on a bike all winter. Did some trainer sessions and some XC skiing but I need to ride.

Omar are you on this forum. Remember me from Lake Norman? You rode my fat bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Which trails did you end up hitting?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyk76 View Post
    Which trails did you end up hitting?
    Did not ride yesterday. My son in law and I are heading to Lake Norman around 1:00 pm today. I spent yesterday afternoon turning my new Trigger 29er-1 tubeless and redoing the stans in my Super-fly 29er-100. My son in law will ride my super-fly. I will be taking it easy today, first time on the new bike and first time on any bike in months due to living in NY.
    How do you tink the trails there will be this afternoon/ Please join in if you can.

mtbr member
    Went to Lake Norman yesterday. I should have called first. All trails closed. USNWC too. Ended up at Fisher Farm for my first ride of the year. It was a good place to start as it turns out. My son in law ran my go pro from my Superfly to see what my Trigger looked like on the trail.
    I Pulled The Trigger - YouTube
    Last edited by gcappy; 04-02-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Big Mac

Weird.

mtbr member
    What is weird?

Big Mac

Your video. Sorry, I should have been more specific. It gots no soundtrack man!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Your video. Sorry, I should have been more specific. It gots no soundtrack man!
    Yeah. I just threw it together to see the bike. I am not a GoPro expert by any means. And with all the copy right stuff I just don't bother with music.

mtbr member
    Roded Lake Norman today, Laurel loop and mombo loop/ Had a great time. USNWC tomorrow. Any one up for that?