mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Heading to Asheville, NC tomorrow...

Will be there a week visiting the in-laws and was thinking about bringing a bike. Any recommended riding spots? Is there too much snow to even consider riding?
    Last edited by locolife; 12-26-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by locolife
    Will be there a week visiting the in-laws and was thinking about bringing a bike. Any recommended riding spots? Is there too much snow to even consider riding?
    Not at all. Should be challenging, but fun!
    "The Ice Age is comin', the Sun's zoomin' in..."

-The Clash

Gabe.....
    Definately bring a mountain bike........at the very least you can ride the gravel roads around BC and Pisgah. A note of tire choice........make sure they shed snow and mud well.
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was thinking the same thing...What about Dupont area can anybody give me a heads up on trail conditions there and where to go? never been...Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JOJOMTB
    I was thinking the same thing...What about Dupont area can anybody give me a heads up on trail conditions there and where to go? never been...Thanks!

I live very close to DuPont in Cedar Mtn so can speak to conditions here. Still lots of snow. DSF staff plow the main gravel roads to have access in and out to the state forest office, but other than that I don't think trails (or even roads) would be very ridable.

I am intrigued by your screen name, My wife's name is JoJo and she rides.

Woody

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Well my name is actually Jason when I first started using the internet I screwed up my name when I put it in so now I just use JOJO as my screen name for all my forum sites as well as eBAY...it's strange but I remember my screen names that way!
    Thanks for the heads up on Dupont I have a 9 hour drive to get there so want to make sure I can ride.
    I have never rode there but I'm dying to try it out..I live in Ohio so nothing quite like that here.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    We made the trek from western PA to Asheville for Thanksgiving to visit some family members and hit up the Bent Creek area for a little riding. There was also a little pump track in a community park near the Bent Creek development that the kids really enjoyed. I would also recommend stopping by Carolina Fatz if you end up going to Bent Creek as it was a cool shop with a really helpful staff. Enjoy the ride and hopefully the weather!

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by JOJOMTB
    Well my name is actually Jason when I first started using the internet I screwed up my name when I put it in so now I just use JOJO as my screen name for all my forum sites as well as eBAY...it's strange but I remember my screen names that way!
    Thanks for the heads up on Dupont I have a 9 hour drive to get there so want to make sure I can ride.
    I have never rode there but I'm dying to try it out..I live in Ohio so nothing quite like that here.
    If you're driving that far, consider dropping down to SC for the weekend -- only 60-90 minutes away, the riding is sort of Midwest-like, and at least it'll be rideable -- Pisgah and DuPont aren't really worth the effort this weekend.