You're never gonna die,

You're gonna make it, if you try;

They're gonna love you.

Well I've always had a deep respect,

And I mean that most sincerely.

The band is just fantastic,

that is really what I think.

Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?

We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

We're just knocked out.

We heard about the sell out.

You gotta get an album out.

You owe it to the people.

We're so happy we can hardly count.

Everybody else is just green,

Have you seen the chart?

It's a helluva start,

It could be made into a monster

If we all pull together as a team.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?

We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

[/SIZE]

Awesome weekend, thanks to the Pink Floyd song that was stuck in my head...and inspired this collection of images.
    Check out my photo gallery for more shots, or email me your Number, and i may have a shot or two of you or your team. Videos will be posted later either on the 24HOP website or on the Sirbikesalot.com site. Pro photog page here (not my site, so not spam)...can't believe they got zero shots of me riding my laps on the SS, whenches!

Last edited by brado1; 09-19-2006 at 04:57 PM. Reason: ooops....had a double photo

Official Cooler Inspector
    For the non-smoking-dial-up crowd:

Go take a shower
    This won't take an hour

Great weekend!

[SIZE="2"]
    A personal THANK YOU to all the conscientious campers who took care of the fields. Ya’ll are as awesome as they come
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by M-U-M; 09-18-2006 at 08:41 PM.

mtbr member

Incredible

Tremendous job with the pictures and lyrics. Made me think of Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz. Maybe the wicked witch that stole the SS pictures.

mtbr member

24 hours of Pisgah solo race report (another X-post)

Awesome pictures Brado -- great idea for combining Pink Floyd lyrics and pictures. Here is my race report:

What a great race! Last weekend I participated in 24 hours of Pisgah, my 12th 24-hour solo race so far. This was my second time at 24 hours of Pisgah, I enjoyed the last year's event a lot, so I decided to come back this year. The race course was very challenging with over 1,000 ft of climbing in the 5.5 mile loop; including the famous "puke hill" -- a steep technical climb up the mountain, one of the toughest climbs in a race course anywhere. Combine that with several muddy rooty climbs and technical sketchy off-camber descents where a small mistake could send you flying and tumbling down the mountain.

I started the race well, riding first 6 laps in about 6 hours, I was just on the right pace on my goal (to complete at least 20 laps). I kept my rest stops short, just a quick bite and a water refill every 2 laps. Because I was there without a support person, I had to do everything myself from filling my Camelbak, recharging batteries to cleaning my bike. Then a disaster struck -- I broke my chain on my 8th lap (of course it was dark already). Because I did not have my chain tool, I had to push uphill/coast downhill my bike for about 3 miles. Several riders stopped to help me to put my chain back together, but it was soaked with mud from the course, so we did not succeed. After I got back to the transition area, Tom from Liberty bikes fixed it in less than 5 minutes (faster than I could chew a Power Bar), so I was back in the race. I washed the bike and relubed the chain, but I was still having problems with chainsuck, and I could not pedal the bike in the small ring anymore, so I had to continue the race using my middle ring only. During the night, the course deteriorated, so the sections that were rideable earlier, were a sloppy mess at night, so I ended up walking a significant part of the course. During my 12th lap, I almost fell asleep pushing the bike up the puke hill (hey it was 4:30 am), it took me almost 2 hours to complete the lap. When I finished the lap, I was feeling nauseous and my body would not accept any food; I decided to take a short nap. After I woke up, I felt much better, but still could not eat anything except energy gels. I completed 2 more laps and timed myself so that I came in 12:04 pm, so that I did not have to go out for another one. I finished the race with 14 laps, 9th in solo men. I was dissapointed that completed fewer laps than last year, but the conditions were much harder and the course was longer and tougher.

Overall a great, well organized race with free meal and beer after the race. There were live bands playing to keep the spirits going all night long. Thanks to Enduro Adventures and race organizers for putting on a great race, I hope to be back next year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Philosophizer
    Great pics Brado. Well done. Thanks again to Ken and all the folks who worked soooo hard getting all of this together.
    I hate rude behavior in a man.....won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F Call.

mtbr member
    Nice photos Brad! I kept waiting for you to come by so I could shake the cowbells at you but I never saw you again.

Peter good work buddy! I was definitely shakin' the bells at you when you came around.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    you're all really sick sick people.

i Love it...

mtbr member
    Great photos Brad, the third shot is money with the rider jumping in the fog. Sorry I had to miss it but I haven't been able to get over this damn cold yet.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Philosophizer
    Quote Originally Posted by mb3designs
    Great photos Brad, the third shot is money with the rider jumping in the fog. Sorry I had to miss it but I haven't been able to get over this damn cold yet.
    Money? Really? Is it my super stylie air or Brado's great photo skills?
    I hate rude behavior in a man.....won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F Call.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker66
    Money? Really? Is it my super stylie air or Brado's great photo skills?
    Both, Brado's pics are always money, and that is some nice style you got going coming off that kicker
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

pronounced may-duh
    Great post Brado!! The floyd theme is very cool and the pics are fantastic as usual. I hope this was x posted to 24hrs or passion. Nice work.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Results are Here if anyone wants'em

mtbr member
    Fantastic pics Brado!

And thank you for posting the results.

Keeping the 24HOP web site up to date is a bit of a challenge these days...

How 'bout it cigar boy?

Official Geek Cyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by JT99
    Keeping the 24HOP web site up to date is a bit of a challenge these days...

How 'bout it cigar boy?
    Yes, actually it is! Hey, what can I say about being overwhelmed? I am working feverishly now to try and maintain about seven sites. WHEW!

[SIZE="2"]Results are officially posted![/SIZE]

http://www.enduroadventures.com/24hopresults-2006.html

Now, where did I put my beer?
    [SIZE=4]Beer [SIZE=2]&[/SIZE] Bikes[/SIZE]

Another race report from my other partners in crime

mtbr member

Darrin, I'd help if I could...

Darrin "Cigar Boy" Tinsley, maybe I can help you with the 24HOP site. That's what I used to do for a living. Network and mainframe stuff. Are you going to be able to make the ride this Sunday...myself, Tim, Cameron, John (the friend coming with me from WV). Hopefully all you guys come along...JT, Brad, etc

The race was an absolute blast this year. Everyone did a good job at what they do be it pictures, riding, music, etc.

Brad IS the man!

Official Geek Cyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Futurepath
    Darrin "Cigar Boy" Tinsley, maybe I can help you with the 24HOP site. That's what I used to do for a living.
    Drop me a line. Let's chat

As for the ride this weekend, I will be out of town visiting my parents. Sorry bro!
    [SIZE=4]Beer [SIZE=2]&[/SIZE] Bikes[/SIZE]

First Batch of Videos posted

got a handful of Videos posted from the 24 Hours of Pisgah

no Zach we didn't post the one of you cussing me out . you owe me!

link>>>[SIZE="3"]24HOP VIDEOS[/SIZE]