banned

... and if we just ... Happy Birthday ridn29s !!!!!

I may be a day late or early but I know its a big one I won't say how old Sir Nick is, but its really old.

So this is the official " Roast Thread " for anybody that knows Nick or has ridden with him.

I'll go first - We are at the P36 and Eric hands us the card for stage one, we are fresh back from the prologue...Nick pulls out a laptop and measures the stage with some kind of super pisgah-professional mapping system and says " Oh its not that long, we'll be back in a couple of hours"
    But we did make it to the top of Farlow just in time to see a great sunrise.Everything seems to happen at the top of Farlow - the year before Nick and his son were handing out free moonpies when we got to the top.

banned
    Happy Birthday Nick! Nobody can bodyslam themselves into the rockgarden at the bottom of pilot quite like you!

ohhman

Well.

Now that your "over the hill" maybe you'll learn how to ride down it...

on a good note, no more climbing...its downhill from here.

Happy Birthday...soon

mtbr member
    Nick is so slow that I passed him at the Swank 2 years ago. Of course, he was fixing a flat at the time and passed me back fairly soon after that. But I did pass him.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Thanks moto!

Yes, it is true.... I'm hitting the big 5-0 on Saturday and treating myself to double squish I had wanted to try for 50 miles or at least 50k but sad to say the weather didn't cooperate on that, though I might try a slog around the Hatchery early Saturday if anyone is willing to join. I don't have the new bike yet so I'll still be one-speeding along. I rode the gravel from Kuykendall to Long Branch yesterday and was covered in mud but happy to be in the woods.

Early AM will be pretty cold but at least not muddy
    many gears, some pies

ohhman
    I'm game. See you there.

mtbr member
    I tried riding 50 at the Fool's Gold on my 50th birthday last August. I made it 35 before the mud won the battle. Happy birthday Nick!
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    the mud won yesterday too, I had wanted to get to Cove Creek but called it @ Long Branch...
    many gears, some pies