mtbr member

(Greensboro/Winston/HighPoint) Riders Unite!!

Are you tired of riding past really cool trails that say, NO BIKES , yet hikers & dogs have full access to those same trails as well as OUR trails?
    Calling out to all area MTB riders in the Triad Area.
    So far we are the only area that does not have a dedicated mountain bike club or SORBA chapter and we need to get ourselves more organized & united so we can get more trail access.
    We need to have a dedicated group that supports mountain bikers. Yes, we have the Greensboro Fat Tire Society but, as you know, they are under they umbrella of the Greensboro Velo Club and do not seem well publicized. While yes, the GVC is a fantastic organization which does many good things for bikers, it is very road riding specific.
    We also have the Piedmont Flyers Club, again another awesome group, but focuses mainly on the road portion of biking. We need to have our own group to focus more and solely on our mountain biking issues.

We have a fantastic network of trails in our area (over 75+ miles) but, so many of them are off limits to mountain bikers for no good reason. We need to find a way to work with the other organizations out there, showing them that we are responsible, so we can have shared access to ALL the great trails that surround us.

If you live in the areas or Greensboro,Winston, High Point or surrounding area, please visit www.pinkdirt.com and please register on the forum so we can see what kind of membership we could potentially have and see if it is feasible to start our own mountain bike club leading to our very own SORBA chapter.

Come on people, I know you are out there riding the trails. Let's do something to bring us all together and bring greater access to the potential trails we have.
    Check out the TRIAD (Greensboro/Winston Salem/High Point) Community MTB Bike Forum & Sign up, it's free...
    www.biketriad.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    If I lived there now I would be willing to do the legwork for an organized club. My question is, why stop with SORBA? Try and get involved with the IMBA too. I plan on moving into the are after I graduate from law school in May 2008. Hopefully you guys and gals have a club by then. If not, I'll get one started and also do the legwork for tax exempt/charitable status. I know that winston lake trails are off limits to bikes. What else do they have (tanglewood)?

mtbr member
    SORBA is likely to be entering into a business arrangement with IMBA in the near future where IMBA will handle the routine business (membership tracking, payroll, etc) of SORBA while SORBA itself remainds an independent entity focussing on regional advocacy issues and events. Membership in any local SORBA chapter will equate to IMBA membership as well.
    This is a very brief summary. See www.sorba.org for more info.
    Mike

mtbr member
    Thank you for the clarification Mike, and swanee2, we sure could use your help. Hurry up & graduate already
    Check out the TRIAD (Greensboro/Winston Salem/High Point) Community MTB Bike Forum & Sign up, it's free...
    www.biketriad.com

mtbr member

I'm interested...

...a loop around Lake Brant would be nice; in fact, how about a trail connecting the Lake Brant Greenway with Bryan Park. The access is already there, the trails are already there, open them up or build parallel trails. I spoke to a city official (I forget his name), he said the water dept had Homeland security concerns and also said the Sierra Club was pissed over the erosion on Owls Roost, apparently it's part of the Mountains to Sea Trail.

Man, that pink really hurts my eyes.
    I'm not broke but you can see the cracks.

Rick’s Law Of Biking...
    At least two uphills are required for every downhill.

Truth...
    I work to survive, I play to live.

Mind, Body, Spirit...,which one is keeping you from getting better?