mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Greensboro/Salem riding?

So my wife sprung this weekends Greensboro Arts & Crafts Show on me yesterday.........yay Since she humored me last month and went to Atlanta SE Bike Expo with me, I feel a little guilty for saying, "FORGET THAT!". I think I have convinced her to let me ride, while she tours the show.

I have heard there are some good trails in Greensboro, and I have been quite interested in tracking down some FR stuff near some "body of water" in Salem... if you know what I mean.

Anybody have any recommendations for riding in either of these areas?

Thanks
    ~Kirby

mtbr member
    I've ridden Owl's Roost before and had a good time...there might be some locals on here that might know more...I'd start with owl's....I dont know about the WS area...Im sure there is something..but I was staying in High Point at the time and Owl's was closer.

Owls Roost (Bur-Mil Park) Mountain Bike Trail in Greensboro, North Carolina || SINGLETRACKS.COM

Biking Owl's Roost - YouTube
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Local Trails

Owls Roost is good, as is Wild Turkey. The two can be linked together to make a nice ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    If you are in Winston, check out hobby park. I would hit up the above trails first, but if you are that way it's worth a ride (and it's somewhat more technical than the others). I heard about a freeride area but I think it's now overgrown and run down.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Lucky you, there is some incredible riding around here so you may end up thanking your wife

Owl's Roost and WT are great as Moto mentioned. Hobby Park is also really fun right here in Winston.

But with a 30 min drive (same as Gboro trails from Winston) you can ride some trails unlike any others in the area...

Moore's Springs Trails aka MST
    Elevation that only comes with a mountain, extended descents earned from climbs, fast flowy sections with berms and jumpable rollers, incredible challenging rocky tech sections and many natural water crossings

https://www.facebook.com/MooresSpringsTrails

Moore's Springs Trails

Good action video from a couple years ago before many additions that bring the milage to about 9
    Moore Springs Trail - YouTube

Making of