mtbr member

Greens Lick Trails at Bent Creek NC Pics

JeremyR, Demo Dave, Keenan, and I went up to Bent Creek to run Greens Lick. Here are a few pics from the day.

Pics of the Bikes.

Me on one of the hip berms.

JeremyR

Demo Dave

Keenan

Me playing on the last big jump.

Demo Dave

JeremyR

Keenan
    Get out and ride a 650B!

mtbr member
    Awesome pics man, looks like you guys had a hell of a day.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Great photos, nice action shot for sure! Yesterday was a great day on Greens Lick, i was trying to bust those same moves on my rigid 29er, just wasn't happenin' man that was a rough ride great day for riding!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Where is this place?

I just moved here from Missouri in April and am still learning the area. I live just South of Charlotte. Can someone give me some directions?

Thanks

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJeans
    I just moved here from Missouri in April and am still learning the area. I live just South of Charlotte. Can someone give me some directions?

Thanks
    Directions to Bent Creek
    There are several good starting points at Bent Creek, the most popular being the Hardtimes Trailhead. Others include the Rice Pinnacle parking area, the Lake Powhatan Recreation Area, the Lake Powhatan Campground, Ledford Branch Road and Boyd Branch Road.

Hardtimes Trailhead:
    From Asheville, take I-240 west to I-26 east and get off on exit 2, NC 191. Turn left, pass the Biltmore Square Mall, and head south on NC 191 for 2 miles. Turn right at the stoplight onto Bent Creek Ranch Road, following the brown signs to the Lake Powhatan Recreation Area (bear left at fork after 0.2 mi on this road). The paved, signed Hardtimes trailhead parking area is just over 2 miles down this road on the left. Other popular starting points are beyond Hardtimes further into the valley.

Website and Maps Here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    Great photos, nice action shot for sure! Yesterday was a great day on Greens Lick, i was trying to bust those same moves on my rigid 29er, just wasn't happenin' man that was a rough ride great day for riding!
    Those nose wheelie's have more traction when you have a rigid fork . . .
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Nice pics. Just like you have shown, there are many opportunities for nice air on greenslick. It's only a matter of time before the trail is marked for one way traffic.(or should be) We do need to remember that it is multi-use. I almost aired it out over a couple of hikers about a week ago. Could have been really bad. Anyway, keep rocking the pics. The pisgah area is in dire need of a "freeride" park, or trail network. I believe that there are many riders in this area that would agree with this as well.

mtbr member
    I hope to be able to build some stunts, ladder bridges, etc at Richmond Hill Park in Asheville over the upcoming year. I'll post details through the PAS listserv (sign up at www.pisgahareasorba.org) as they come up. Help will be needed.

Thanks,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    I hope to be able to build some stunts, ladder bridges, etc at Richmond Hill Park in Asheville over the upcoming year. I'll post details through the PAS listserv (sign up at www.pisgahareasorba.org) as they come up. Help will be needed.

Thanks,
    Mike
    That sounds great man. Keep us posted.
    Get out and ride a 650B!

mtbr member
    Mike, that would be awesome if we, PAS that is, could build a freeride park at Richmond Hill Park. Obviously, I am not the only one who thinks that this would be a great idea. Sorry I was not able to attend the city council meeting regarding the building of recreational trails at Richmond Hill Park this week. I did however send emails to all the contacts listed on the most recent email that you sent out. How did the meeting go, are they going to let us move forward with our intended project? Also, are we going to be able to use the existing road bed that exists in the said "environmental buffer zone?" Just hope nobody gets eaten by one of those giant lizards when we are out there working.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]