mtbr member

Finding riding partner or group

Any local advice on how to pick up an occasional riding partner or finding a group to ride with from time to time? None of my friends are into mountain biking even though I've tried to interest them in it and my wife has a bike but I always feel like I'm dragging her along and it's not something she's really into. Checked out meetup and whatnot and came up empty. Just be nice to have someone better than me to chase after or a group to enjoy the trails with.

mtbr member
    Check Bike shops; local forums; face book groups.

Advocacy groups are good places to start.

Or post up here everyday for 2 years and eventually someone will ride with you.

Just make sure you tell people your mileage and pace you ride. There's plenty of folks out there.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Pisgah Area SORBA

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    ... your idea of technical may be much different than other peoples idea of technical.

mtbr member
    That will probably be an AWESOME ride
    Pisgah Area SORBA

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    ... your idea of technical may be much different than other peoples idea of technical.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Awesome thanks for the suggestions. May just have to check out that pisgah ride tomorrow. Was planning on riding dupont or pisgah anyways since the weather's supposed to be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by swingm3 View Post
    Where are you located?
    Greenville, SC so I ride a lot of Paris Mtn and Dupont on the weekends and daily rides at Conestee since its about 5 minutes from the house. When it's warm I'm on the bike probably 5 days a week but now that its cold and I'm short on daylight its the rare weekday ride and usually Sundays at Paris Mtn lately. I'd call myself an intermediate rider with reasonably good fitness.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I live 2 miles from Paris mountain and am always looking for people to ride with. I am taking a few friends that just started riding out to Clemson on Sunday. It will probably be a slow ride, but you are more than welcome to join. Let me know if you are interested!

Official Cooler Inspector
    slackuh: Show up! I'll show you how the old folks rule the Arboretum. Then again, I don't have a big ring...
    WK: What year is this? (Friday, I wish... oh how I wish.)

Rogue Exterminator

+1 on meetup

Met a lot of cool people through there and Jerry and the others lead some really good rides.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M View Post
    slackuh: Show up! I'll show you how the old folks rule the Arboretum. Then again, I don't have a big ring...
    I'll be out there tomorrow but I'll have the chiren' in tow so I'm not so sure they will be cut out for an old folks ride. Meeting at the hatchery Sunday for a loop if you're interested. I need to pick up a beer for you too!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    check on upstateSorba page. They also have a Facebook page 'MTB the southeast' if you use fb.

Team Martin
    Check out the Palmetto Fat Tire Society. We're based in Columbia, SC but post rides all of the Carolinas & Georgia:

Palmetto Fat Tire Society (Columbia, SC) - Meetup