Thread: Fayetteville NC

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Fayetteville NC

I may be coming to Fayetteville NC next week. Does anyone know if there are any decent trails in that are I can ride? A map or exact location would be great.

Thanks
    Brian

mtbr member
    Smith Lake Recreation site. Just outside of Fort Bragg There is a lake with a high tek wakeboard park as well (it's pretty hot there ride early or late to avoid the worst of it)
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

mtbr member
    When I lived there we rode a bunch of single track that was located south of Ft. Bragg boundary line (chicken rd) and west of the Ammo Supply Point (ASP). You can access the trails via chicken road west of morganton rd and east of where chicken splits into plank. This is the Ft Bragg access- These were a lot of unsanctioned trails that were cut. Accessing from Fayetteville side- from Reilly rd, head west on cliffdale until you turn right (north) on Prestige BLVD, turn right on Calimar Dr and the Bill Hefner elementary school will be on your right. Park at the parking lot and ride around the school boundary (north) until you hit a fire break. From there you will see single track branching off. (check out map quest to get familiar with what I am talking about) or else it will be confusing haha

If all else fails... check with Hawley's LBS (910) 425-3145 on Raeford rd or the Bicycle shop (910) 485-7712 on McPhereson Church rd-

mtbr member
    if you are a beginner rider then smith lake is the key. hefner is gone. According to Installation Commander Col Sanborn; the only legal trails on FB is "Smith Lake Trails & All American Trail". The Chicken Rd site that ppl are using has Federal Endanger Plants in them and yellow signs marking the area. When caught, it is a felony trespassing.
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dfp23 View Post
    When I lived there we rode a bunch of single track that was located south of Ft. Bragg boundary line (chicken rd) and west of the Ammo Supply Point (ASP). You can access the trails via chicken road west of morganton rd and east of where chicken splits into plank. This is the Ft Bragg access- These were a lot of unsanctioned trails that were cut. Accessing from Fayetteville side- from Reilly rd, head west on cliffdale until you turn right (north) on Prestige BLVD, turn right on Calimar Dr and the Bill Hefner elementary school will be on your right. Park at the parking lot and ride around the school boundary (north) until you hit a fire break. From there you will see single track branching off. (check out map quest to get familiar with what I am talking about) or else it will be confusing haha

If all else fails... check with Hawley's LBS (910) 425-3145 on Raeford rd or the Bicycle shop (910) 485-7712 on McPhereson Church rd-
    alas, this trail is no longer in existence and has been built over and put off limits. I think the best trail in the area is San Lee just up in Sanford. The park is pretty easy to find if you look it up online and it has the best riding in the triangle in my opinion.

Super Clyde
    Smith Lake is the closest trail to Fort Bragg. There is San Lee in Sanford that someone mentioned, it is more intermediate to advanced. There is also Governers Creek in Sanford.. There's a few trails in the RDU area about 1-1.5 hours away. Check out trianglemtb.com, they have a listing of all the trails in the area.