mtbr member
    Nov 2006

No good East Fork Tract meeting....where was everyone?

If you look at the hits, the post from Shrimper about this meeting only got 167 hits. The short sighted-ness of people let the "Kitsuma: It's All Gone" thread to reach almost 5,600 hits. Here's people's opportunity to take initiative and no one showed up. Where were you ninnies? Adjusting your singlespeed's? MTBR'ing?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Don't sweat it Park , it's just 8000 acres the state wants to make multi use. There were enough equestrians and hikers there to insure they'll get what they want and the mtber's would rather p!$$ and moan about what could have been than actually do anything about it.Ican only hope that they require all users to pay for access.It is time to put up or shut up

mtbr member
    I did not get off work until 6:30 in Asheville, was a long day, sorry did not make it down. Please let me know when and if there is another meeting and I will try to make it. Is there a contact point that we could call, e-mail, or write a letter to?

I'd also suggest directly harassing both the Upstate and PAS boards, which you may have done, so they can in turn promote attendance at meetings and generally harass people. Unfortunately, I've found over the years that counting on people to take the initiative to "do the right thing" when presented the opportunity to do so doesn't work- you have to do all the leg-work to make it easy for people or it just doesn't happen.

Slightly off-topic: There is also a public meeting 12/2 from 12:30-4:30pm at the Bent Creek Conference Center regarding "stewardship opportunities" for the area around Courthouse falls- often called the "backside" of Farlow. The current plan includes designating some roads that are currently open to mountain bikes (140-A in particular) as linear wildlife openings, effectively closing them to mtb use. I am making every effort to go to this one as well. More information can be found here:
    http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/nepa/Pi...thouse_crk.htm

Thanks for trying, y'all.

mtbr member

Cleaning Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by park baker
    Where were you ninnies?
    ...needed to clean the rifles after all the opening day shooting--don't want corrosion to get started from a dirty bore!

TZ
    Geriatric mountain biker and trail maintainer... ...with digital braking!