Thread: Dupont advice

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. Dupont advice

My wife and I are going to be riding Dupont for 2 days next week. We'd like to do 15-20 miles each day. Not too technical....looking for good rolling singletrack, some logs, etc. Can anyone recommend routes for the 2 days? Anyone have trail maps they can email or post? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbermhb
    My wife and I are going to be riding Dupont for 2 days next week. We'd like to do 15-20 miles each day. Not too technical....looking for good rolling singletrack, some logs, etc. Can anyone recommend routes for the 2 days? Anyone have trail maps they can email or post? Thanks in advance.
    You can check out some maps online here www.dupontforest.com. You will need a map for riding there! You can buy one online or at a local bike shop.

A good not so technical loop would be to park at the "Fawn Lake" access and do the following route.

Mine Mountain ---> Laurel Ridge ---> Shoals ---> Corn mill Shoals (to the right you can follow this all the way to Bridal Veil Falls) ---> Bridal Veil Falls Road ---> Conservation road (to the right) ---> Airstrip (access is at the end of the real airstrip) ---> Shelter Rock (to the right) ---> Conservation road ---> Lake Julia Road ---> Reasonover

That is about 14 or 15 miles.

That is one of the best loops in the park. You can follow it backwards too. It is a little tough at dupont because there are so many trail intersections but with a map you can do it.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

Its got what plants crave
    Make a loop and check out all the waterfalls whatever you do!