Results 1 to 63 of 63

Thread: Couch Potato

  1. #1
    lamer
    Reputation: llamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    299

    Couch Potato

    The Couch Potato

    Five of my buddies and I are signed up for this. Anyone else doing it?

    I'll be riding my JET 9 RDO. I've never ridden in Pisgah before, so I'm a little worried I won't have enough gears with 1x10 (32T, 11-36). I've got a WT 30T I plan on throwing on there, but I'm still not sure if that'll be enough. Thoughts?




  2. #2
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,828

    Couch Potato

    You'll never make it.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Well lots of guys do it on single speeds if that tells you anything. In truth, most of the climbing on that course is on double-track or forest service roads. The one really nasty climb in the Swank that goes up to Farlow is left out.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jnails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    260
    I'm in as well. You should be fine as long as your used to that gearing. The climbing is mostly fire road with the exception of Cove Creek and that is pretty tame (read: not steep, just long). Like someone said, the death climb up Farlow is not part of the Pa-Ta-To!!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Possum Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    457
    What is the death climb up farlow? I rode up there Thursday just to check things out.

    Fish hatchery > Davidson River > 475 > 5003 > 140A > 140 > 5031 > 140A > Farlow

    I was on a 32x20 SS and everything was manageable until 140A just before farlow. It was like riding up a narrow rocky river bed.

    I'm signed up for the couch potato and the swank. Farlow is gnar. I'll be walking a good bit of farlow during the swank. Something tells me I won't be the only one

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum Jones View Post
    What is the death climb up farlow?
    Up 229 from Gloucester Gap. Long, steep, gravel road.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: docter_zab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    136
    looks like a fun course! 30 pisgah miles sounds just about right. like 60+ in bent creek.
    ​mountain biking is fun.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    I would tend to disagree with that last comment. Bent Creek may not be technical, but there is plenty of elevation change. You can climb for over an hour from the parking lot to the top of Greens Lick. And the 30 miles of CP course is not overly technical either. A few spots where you will have to get off coming down Daniel Ridge to cross some bridges, but other than that, it is pretty rideable.

    And if Dan Quayle were putting on this race, it would be called the Couch Potatoe.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: docter_zab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    I would tend to disagree with that last comment. Bent Creek may not be technical, but there is plenty of elevation change. You can climb for over an hour from the parking lot to the top of Greens Lick. And the 30 miles of CP course is not overly technical either. A few spots where you will have to get off coming down Daniel Ridge to cross some bridges, but other than that, it is pretty rideable.

    And if Dan Quayle were putting on this race, it would be called the Couch Potatoe.

    I dunno. All I meant is that ten Pisgah miles feel like 15-20 miles elsewhere. Like bent creek for instance. And last time i rode to the top of greens, it was well under, not over, an hour.

    Either way, couch potato(e) sounds like fun!!
    ​mountain biking is fun.

  10. #10
    lamer
    Reputation: llamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    299
    Great. Thanks, guys. If the steeper climbs are just doubletrack/fire roads then I won't have a problem. We'll definitely be making a trip up there to try out the course beforehand, just to be prepared.

    Oh, and does anyone know for sure if this route would happen to have hike-a-bike and/or water crossings? I'm expecting that it does.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by llamma View Post
    Oh, and does anyone know for sure if this route would happen to have hike-a-bike and/or water crossings? I'm expecting that it does.
    Not really. There are a couple of tree-trunk foot bridges crossings on Cove Creek during the first climb, but those are pretty much dismount, walk across, start riding again (you'll descend this on the final loop too). Long Branch on the 2nd leg has some really rutted out punchy climbs that are faster for me to walk than to kill myself spinning. The rest just depends on how comfortable you are with downhill sections on Daniel Ridge and Butter Gap.

    The real hike-a-bike happens on Farlow Gap in the Swank.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: readycpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by llamma View Post
    The Couch Potato

    Five of my buddies and I are signed up for this. Anyone else doing it?

    I'll be riding my JET 9 RDO. I've never ridden in Pisgah before, so I'm a little worried I won't have enough gears with 1x10 (32T, 11-36). I've got a WT 30T I plan on throwing on there, but I'm still not sure if that'll be enough. Thoughts?



    I ride those trails with a 1x10 30T 11-36 and it works pretty well for me. There may be a few sections on Daniel Ridge where you wished you had a little more gearing but you should be fine with the 32T if you're a decent climber.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by llamma View Post
    Oh, and does anyone know for sure if this route would happen to have hike-a-bike and/or water crossings? I'm expecting that it does.
    I just took a look at the cue sheet. Looks like the climb up Long Branch is part of the course, so there will be a bit of HAB on that section for most of us. Nothing too bad. And there is a big creek crossing on Long Branch. You can avoid it by going over the bridge on the left.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  14. #14
    lamer
    Reputation: llamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    299
    Almost time! Anyone else going to be out there?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Possum Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    457
    I'll be there for the potato and the swank. I'll be pushing the SS.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    72

    Couch Potato

    I'll be there, first "race" and pretty stoked. We just had our son so I may be looking half dead from lack of sleep.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    I'm in. Raced last Saturday and haven't touched the bike since. So I will be a true Couch Potato in this one.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    The 'Tater was good fun. Great weather and those are always fun trails. There was a guy who crashed coming down Davidson River Trail near the bottom. EMS was on the way in when I came through. I hope he is OK.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JokerSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    67
    Good race indeed! Great day to be in the woods. Some of us even got some bonus miles because of a downed sign. Oh well, got our moneys worth! Hope that guy is OK as well. I also saw a girl down around mile 25, hope she is OK as well.
    RideMFRide

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    72

    Couch Potato

    The girl supposedly had to get on a backboard/stretcher and be taken out, and what sucks is she supposedly wasn't in the race.

    Beautiful day and awesome race to say the least!

  21. #21
    lamer
    Reputation: llamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    299
    That was definitely fun. This was my first time out there, so I was pleasantly surprised by how fun the downs were, especially Butter




    this is what was going through my head on the very first climb, though

    Name:  20121202-210149.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  29.9 KB

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    There was a guy who crashed coming down Davidson River Trail near the bottom. EMS was on the way in when I came through. I hope he is OK.
    When I said "a guy" I was guessing. Didn't really get a good look at the person. So I guess it was a girl. Hope she is OK.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    It was my first race and ive never rode piscah before .Was a lot of fun and met alot of really nice people. Count me in for next year.

  24. #24
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    We were out for a recreational day and had to turn around about 6 riders that missed the turn back onto Cove Creek and were headed back up to Daniel. That was just while we were riding up it so I imagine more than a few people made that mistake.

    We were climbing up Davidson River Tr while the leaders were coming down it (whoops). I think racer boys need to understand that just because they're playing race they still need to follow proper trail etiquette. 2nd place rider (at that time) screamed out like a child, "I'm racing". Sorry bro....I'm climbing, deal with it.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    281
    c'mon zod, racing is serious business. they paid like $3400 to compete, you insignificant minion!

  26. #26
    thecentralscrutinizer
    Reputation: mopartodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,765
    Quote Originally Posted by zod View Post
    We were out for a recreational day and had to turn around about 6 riders that missed the turn back onto Cove Creek and were headed back up to Daniel. That was just while we were riding up it so I imagine more than a few people made that mistake.

    We were climbing up Davidson River Tr while the leaders were coming down it (whoops). I think racer boys need to understand that just because they're playing race they still need to follow proper trail etiquette. 2nd place rider (at that time) screamed out like a child, "I'm racing". Sorry bro....I'm climbing, deal with it.
    You weren't aware there was a race this day?
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    125
    I'm not condoning that guy's behavior at all, but it seems like you knew there was a race going on and even knew the proper route. Aren't there enough trails in Pisgah to avoid the race trails, especially going in the opposite direction? Doesn't seem safe for you or the racers.

  28. #28
    lamer
    Reputation: llamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    299
    He may or may not have known there was a race going on, but all of us racers knew that this was an open course and to be aware and respectful to other trail users.

  29. #29
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    I didn't know there was a race or the race route, we just kind of figured it out as we were riding. Really when we saw tape on Davidson River Trail we figured they would be using that as a climb not a down. Luckily only the leaders were on it while we were so I think we only had to pass 3 riders there. The fact remains, being in a race is not an excuse to douche out. I certainly hope that choad didn't act the same way towards hikers he might have passed.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    125
    Completely agree with you and llama about racing on open trails and to respect other users. Just sounded like you were re-directing lost riders which led me to believe you knew what was going on.

  31. #31
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Right. No we had passed on-coming racers while climbing Cove Creek so it was pretty easy to tell the racers on Cove Creek Rd climbing to Daniel had missed a cruical turn.

  32. #32
    thecentralscrutinizer
    Reputation: mopartodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,765
    I agree that in an ideal world the racers would follow the trail rules, but I too would expect someone who realizes there was a race going on to anticipate this kind of reaction. This happens every day around here and nobody is racing.

    Personally, I would have headed down the road and found a trail so I wouldn't have to deal with getting upset over somebody's actions.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

  33. #33
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Sorry dude, I don't follow the race circuit. It didn't upset me, it was humorous that someone would act like such a child over a race and be disrespectful to other trail users. I've mtn bikes for long enough to see racers act like a-holes toward other people on the trail...it's nothing new. Personally I rode my planned route, it's an open trail.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: readycpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    60
    Was this Saturday's race or Sunday? If Saturday, hopefully the 3rd place guy was at least a little more courteous and didn't scream?

  35. #35
    thecentralscrutinizer
    Reputation: mopartodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,765
    I'm sure you showed them as much respect as you could muster at the time.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

  36. #36
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Dang mopartodd loves protecting a choad racer boy, it wasn't you was it? Actually I just had enough time to avoid a collision as he refused to slow down or give me any space.

    This was Saturday readycpa. First place was a blind turn so that was close but I don't think the dude was being a prick...just wasn't ready for us and we hit him in a blind turn. 2nd place dude....master of racerboi choads. Third place dude was cool, we both made room for each other.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: readycpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    60
    Glad to hear that Zod since that was me in 3rd. We had a heated battle going between 2nd thru 4th and the 2nd place guy had just gotten away from me on Butter Gap/Long Branch so maybe he was stressing that I would catch him again on the next climb up 475b. Still no excuse though because racers need to realize that cars, hikers & other bikers on an open course don't really care much about our race going on and dealing with them on the course is just part of it. Just like knowing the course and paying attention to the signs. The 2nd place dude missed the turn back to Cove Creek and gave 2nd to me while he dropped to 5th. So, I guess you could say "what goes around comes around" or "karma sux" etc....

  38. #38
    thecentralscrutinizer
    Reputation: mopartodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,765
    I'm not necessarily protecting or defending them...I just think that everyone deserves respect or the benefit of the doubt, even the people racing. Maybe the guy in second place was so frickin happy he couldn't contain his enthusiasm. lol

    I do find it humorous that you say it wasn't upsetting yet you have the need to complain about it and be disrespectful by calling people names.

    That wouldn't have been me leading the race unless if it was a race to a pie eating contest or something.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

  39. #39
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by mopartodd View Post
    I'm not necessarily protecting or defending them...Maybe the guy in second place was so frickin happy he couldn't contain his enthusiasm. lol

    I do find it humorous that you say it wasn't upsetting yet you have the need to complain about it and be disrespectful by calling people names.
    At least even you find humor in your defense at this point. Oh and it's not name calling, it's factual. The dude is a total choad. Like calling a horse a horse. I'm glad he karma failed, thanks for the 411 readycpa.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by readycpa View Post
    Glad to hear that Zod since that was me in 3rd. We had a heated battle going between 2nd thru 4th and the 2nd place guy had just gotten away from me on Butter Gap/Long Branch so maybe he was stressing that I would catch him again on the next climb up 475b. Still no excuse though because racers need to realize that cars, hikers & other bikers on an open course don't really care much about our race going on and dealing with them on the course is just part of it. Just like knowing the course and paying attention to the signs. The 2nd place dude missed the turn back to Cove Creek and gave 2nd to me while he dropped to 5th. So, I guess you could say "what goes around comes around" or "karma sux" etc....
    Ya I wondered how I ended up in 4th, learned this during our post race chat while stuffing our faces with burgers and beer

    Wish I would have known you guys were so close, I rode most of the race all alone winding out the SS hoping no one with gears would catch me on the fire roads. I too blasted by the left turn back down Cove Creek. Luckily I caught a glimpse of the sign out of the corner of my eye. I turned around and stared at the sign wondering if it was our turn...then I saw the trail sign and remembered that we finished down Cove creek. Lost a minute or two but didn't go all the way to the bottom like several other unlucky racers.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    125
    Curious for both you and readycpa

    1) Had you two been on Farlow before yesterday?
    2) How were the conditions yesterday compared to before the summer?
    3) How much of it did you two ride?

    I am no downhiller by any means, but only a few sections on the rest of the course gave me issues. I didn't even contemplate riding the vast majority of Farlow. It looked and felt like a death trap.

  42. #42
    thecentralscrutinizer
    Reputation: mopartodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,765
    Quote Originally Posted by zod View Post
    At least even you find humor in your defense at this point. Oh and it's not name calling, it's factual. The dude is a total choad. Like calling a horse a horse. I'm glad he karma failed, thanks for the 411 readycpa.
    The humor was in fact your defense as you called people names (racer boy, choad,a-hole ) and claim that they are being disrespectful. I guess you're showing them. Nice job.

    You're a hypocrite dude, even you should be able to recognize this.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

  43. #43
    Fence guru
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    740
    Zod never said he wasn't an ******* just that almost KOTCP was one. Don't tell I'm racing at people ESP on Davidson river trail it's 15' wide for christ sake or can your 1.5" slick tire not handle riding in grass. I was in front of Zod and he said the same crap to me. Get over yourselves. Also not everyone gets to come to pisgah proper 12 times a year and maybe that was one of the few times these guys got to ride the seasonals. We should not have to reschedule because 100 sheep paid $160 to ride some trails.
    Amateur racing is ruining mountian biking period! If you are going to do it show some respect. We did by not sticking a stick in his spokes and helping lost riders.

  44. #44
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by mopartodd View Post
    You're a hypocrite dude, even you should be able to recognize this.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by supercusty View Post
    Zod never said he wasn't an ******* just that almost KOTCP was one. Don't tell I'm racing at people ESP on Davidson river trail it's 15' wide for christ sake or can your 1.5" slick tire not handle riding in grass. I was in front of Zod and he said the same crap to me. Get over yourselves. Also not everyone gets to come to pisgah proper 12 times a year and maybe that was one of the few times these guys got to ride the seasonals. We should not have to reschedule because 100 sheep paid $160 to ride some trails.
    Amateur racing is ruining mountian biking period! If you are going to do it show some respect. We did by not sticking a stick in his spokes and helping lost riders.
    Wow, a lot of pent up vitriol spewed at a lot of folks with that there post when you ran into one bad apple. Maybe its you who needs to get over himself.

    If you think an entrance fee is to buy access to trails then maybe....
    Oh, what do I know, I'm just a sheep. Baaaaaaaaa

  46. #46
    Fence guru
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    740
    No you paid for some sweet socks custy
    And nothing I spent up in me I spew regularly all over the inter webs

  47. #47
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Supercusty is the only person I know that's a bigger douche than that choad racerboi...true story. That said we were being as polite as we could be on the trail even though we technically had the right of way. I think readycpa could vouch for that. Sorry I called the choad a choad...I'll try to not be such a hypocrite.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    281
    who wants to race anyway? I mean, look what it'll do to you:


    the real problem is that the couch taters ran up against a super-secret Team*****Canoe training session. I mean, who would want to mess with Supercusty up front and Zoddler in the rear?

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    It's been a while since we have had a good knock-down drag-out pissing contest on here. Keep it up guys!
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  50. #50
    thecentralscrutinizer
    Reputation: mopartodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,765
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    It's been a while since we have had a good knock-down drag-out pissing contest on here. Keep it up guys!
    lol

    Must be some pent-up competitive spirit from not racing.

    BTW, Awesome finish mikeridesabike!
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: r_evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    I'm an amateur racer. Come at me bro!

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: readycpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by thedood View Post
    Curious for both you and readycpa

    1) Had you two been on Farlow before yesterday?
    2) How were the conditions yesterday compared to before the summer?
    3) How much of it did you two ride?

    I am no downhiller by any means, but only a few sections on the rest of the course gave me issues. I didn't even contemplate riding the vast majority of Farlow. It looked and felt like a death trap.
    Farlow Gap was part of the Swank course but not part of the Couch Potato. I've never ridden it but heard only bad things about it. I had ridden the other trails just a few times and Butter Gap is the only one that gave me problems.

  53. #53
    Category Winner
    Reputation: teamdicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,929
    Quote Originally Posted by jstuhlman View Post
    who wants to race anyway? I mean, look what it'll do to you:

    Hooray.

    I'm involved in this conversation. Now I don't need an opinion.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

    I get paid 3¢ every time I post on MTBR.

  54. #54
    lamer
    Reputation: llamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    299
    Anyone know when the results are going to be posted? I was too happy to have reached the finish line to pay attention to the time. Gotta know how far in front of last I was.

  55. #55
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    Hooray.

    I'm involved in this conversation. Now I don't need an opinion.
    Don't worry, You're still my favorite choad Dicky

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Tiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by jstuhlman View Post
    I like this style of photography. Is there anybody local than can do a similar shot, possibly with different subjects? Also, what does this particular shot signify? Just curious. Thanks in advance!

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by r_evans View Post
    I'm an amateur racer. Come at me bro!
    unworthy. you got out-podiumed by shart, chief.


  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Possum Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    457
    This thread had brought some lolz

    I raced both days on an SS and had a blast. I crushed some climbs and cleaned a lot of tech descents I've never seen before. Butter gap and lower farlow/Daniels might be the two funniest things I've ever done on a bike. I will be back next year for sure.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tiles View Post
    I like this style of photography. Is there anybody local than can do a similar shot, possibly with different subjects? Also, what does this particular shot signify? Just curious. Thanks in advance!
    Hi Mr. Tiles, thanks for your interest! That’s an example of my hommie juanbrie’s photoshop skills. I asked him and he said it represents what happens when the trendy industry insider racerboi types attempt to control and manipulate the mountainbiking experience of the everyday joe.

    He’s pretty good with this type of work. Take the other things he’s done with our friend dicky, for example:

    or


    He’s done a few of our friend Calvin, too:
    You find weird things in the woods:



    He’s recognized the persecuted:


    And documented tricky situations


    Hell, he’s dared to envision a society with new currency:


    One where people come together for recreation and relaxation






    Yep, the gui’s work is classic


    And yes, in case you’re wondering, Mr. Tiles, this has, indeed, been a


    And yes, this is not for a bike…


    FINALLY, MoparTodd, in case you were wondering,

    And if you EmptyBeer peeps don’t like it you can just

    and

  60. #60
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Dang MTBR just got bikePASA'd!

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: readycpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by llamma View Post
    Anyone know when the results are going to be posted? I was too happy to have reached the finish line to pay attention to the time. Gotta know how far in front of last I was.
    http://www.blueridgeadventures.net/p...atoResults.pdf

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A70Iv_uadA#t=15

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JokerSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    67
    Great video! Love the aerial shots!
    RideMFRide

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Tiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by jstuhlman View Post
    Hi Mr. Tiles, thanks for your interest! That’s an example of my hommie juanbrie’s photoshop skills. I asked him and he said it represents what happens when the trendy industry insider racerboi types attempt to control and manipulate the mountainbiking experience of the everyday joe.

    He’s pretty good with this type of work. Take the other things he’s done with our friend dicky, for example:

    or


    He’s done a few of our friend Calvin, too:
    You find weird things in the woods:



    He’s recognized the persecuted:


    And documented tricky situations


    Hell, he’s dared to envision a society with new currency:


    One where people come together for recreation and relaxation






    Yep, the gui’s work is classic


    And yes, in case you’re wondering, Mr. Tiles, this has, indeed, been a


    And yes, this is not for a bike…


    FINALLY, MoparTodd, in case you were wondering,

    And if you EmptyBeer peeps don’t like it you can just

    and
    Wow! I'll pm you right away. Thanks for getting back so quick.

Similar Threads

  1. Potato chips
    By Wishful Tomcat in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-06-2014, 04:46 AM
  2. Pathetic potato chip
    By SAthirtythree in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 12:49 PM
  3. Middle Aged Couch Potato Wants New Bike
    By Wolfie1992 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 09:33 PM
  4. Marshall Canyon to Potato Mt.
    By pwoods in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 07:32 PM
  5. 4-24-11 Couch Potato....
    By beagledadi in forum Nevada
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 06:36 AM

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •