mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Clemson area trails

Hey everyone, I Just started as a freshman over at Clemson University and was wondering where the good trails are, I do a little of everything but I'm looking to get into Free-ride and possibly a little bit of dirt jumping, I did a little research and Isaqueena seems pretty cool but I was wondering if there was maybe something a little closer to campus.

Also if there are any students or groups or anyone who rides in the area regularly let me know. I'm also up for a little trail maintenance

Thanks
    -Kevin

GO Tigers!

mtbr member

Re: Clemson area trails

Go see my buddy Kyle Anderson. He teaches accounting at CU and rides Iss. A couple of times a week. He can show you ariund.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    May 2005
    The trails at Issaquenna and the Clemson DH trail. Short DH trail littered with jumps and stunts. The trail was started by students. There is a race there each fall.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clems...20377888031066

Google it and have some fun. Also this forum will help.
    The South

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    [QUOTE=OffCamber;10615639]The trails at Issaquenna and the Clemson DH trail. Short DH trail littered with jumps and stunts. The trail was started by students. There is a race there each fall.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clems...20377888031066

Google it and have some fun. Also this forum will help.
    The South[QUOTE]
    OffCamber, is the DH trail in the issaquenna complex or somewhere else? Also you said it was started by students, do you know of any student clubs that ride in the area? And thanks mike for the tip, ill try to find him and swing by

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yes, the finish actually ends at one of the parking areas. The students that started the DH trails are probably not there anymore. They have been running races there for 8 yrs. I'm not on Facebook but this is from there spring race. https://www.facebook.com/events/462424943812683/ The Ridemonkey south forum is the best place to get the DH/FR info your looking. Beech Mtn in NC just had there second DH race of the year last weekend, Paris Mtn in Greenville is an awesome place to ride and I've never ridden the trails at Issaquenna but here there good also. Your in a good location, just need to find some people.

This place just open this year and looks fun but I've never been there. It's about 45 minutes away. The Clemson DH trail is (Clemson Freeride DH 2013 Video - Pinkbike) probably 10 minutes from CU. Hit the Ridemonkey south forum. It will be a big help.
    Hilltop Bike Park Slopestyle Dirt Jump Freeride - Mountain Rest Cabins
    More Hilltop Bike Park - YouTube

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Yea Just went out today and found the DH trail, theres some crazy stuff out there but looks like it could use some TLC, all this rain hasn't been to kind to it

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I just recently moved into the area and am a past bmx rider. I would love to go out and ride with some people in the local area. Is the trail good enough for a bmx?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerifly View Post
    I just recently moved into the area and am a past bmx rider. I would love to go out and ride with some people in the local area. Is the trail good enough for a bmx?
    Might be to much for a BMX bike but that depend on your skill level. There is some good size drops and jumps on it. Hilltop looks more BMX friendly but I haven't been there. Greenville and Spartanburg both had BMX tracks years ago when I raced but you'd have to see if there. There's also a Pumptrack in Travelers Rest, SC, just north of Gville.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    There is still a BMX track at South Side Park in Simpsonville and I have heard rumors of one being built in TR.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scmtbiker View Post
    There is still a BMX track at South Side Park in Simpsonville and I have heard rumors of one being built in TR.
    Check out Greenville BMX on Facebook. They will be your best contact as they maintain the BMX track at Southside Park.

As for Travelers Rest(TR) the bike park has a skills features, a jump line and a Pumptrack. All are in need of some love. The rain has been unkind.