mtbr member

Charlotte Winter Short Track Series

Anyone here participated before?

I'm curious about the course so if you could provide some information that'd be awesome!

Looks like a good time.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I to am interested in the course and woudl liek to ride it to see if it is something I woudl like to race in?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I've never raced it but you guys can find all the info you want on the Trailblazer site in the "racing" sub-forum. There have been many threads discussing the course and format in the past..

mtbr member
    I also found a youtube video... hopefully it's at least similar to the course that will be run... looks fast.

spec4life???..smh...
    Im thinking about hitting up couple.

I did a few races during the summer series and all the races were really well organized and fun. Im sure the winter series will be the same.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    If I read correctly, it's held at Renaissance Park. They're great trails and every event I've participated in with these folks has been awesome.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The course will be run the same as previous years. We may add just a little bit of distance to the lap as its getting harder and harder to score so longer laps will help. We are planning to beef up the berms a little bit in the next couple of weeks. The berms in the woods make the course fun and fast.

The Winter Short Track racing is ran like a cyclo-cross race without the dismounts and half the course is on really fun section of singletrack. The races are timed. When we get a average lap time, we convert the race to laps. Everyone in the race will finish on the same lap so if you get lapped by the leader, you may finish a lap down.

After the race, we always have chili and veggie soup to help warm you up. Many of our sponsors will set up on the course and cheer on the race participants. We run the races rain or shine...as long as the park is open. Last year, we ran one of the races in a little snow ....made for great pics and fun racing.

Its a great way to get a little fitness in the winter and its perfect for kids and those new to mountain bike racing.

mtbr member
    I couln't find button to embed so here are 2 links to different videos that i shot from the Winter Series. The winter series is great for beginners or vets who want to get cardio going in the winter. The conditions almost are always harsh but somehow makes it more fun. I actually have videos from all 5 races of the series last year

Snow Race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_t5GCV1_Ps

Final Race - Sunny Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgtJWZneBJQ

All 5 races and other Charlotte MTB event videos can be found at

http://www.youtube.com/user/bartstetler?feature=mhsn

Cheers

Bart Stetler
    QueenCity Bicycles
    1408-A East Blvd
    Charlotte NC 28203
    704-522-7006

Bike Dork
    Fun, flowy trail. It's fairly flat compared to Pisgah. If you are running singlespeed, I would recommend running 1-2 teeth harder than normal. There is a pavement section that is easy to get spun out on. Course tends to favor crossbikes. Very fast course, with only a few places to pass. It's definitely a good time, and the chili is always good.

mtbr member
    Thinkin about riding the pugsley for this race since it looks like snow's on the way again.