mtbr member

Central S. Carolina Riding Options???

I am moving near Columbia, South Carlonia in May. I have done a little research on rides and most seem to a bit of a drive. Can anyone suggest local trails surrounding Columbia. I will ride anything, but perfer technical xcounrty to All mountian type trails.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Harbison is all of 5 minutes from Columbia, there are a few trails in Newberry, Spartanburg has southside, Greenville has Paris Mt. (both are about an hour 15 minutes away) and down near Augusta is FATS which is about an hour and a half at most away. I live in Spartanburg, but i'm down in Columbia quite a bit, and I think it's conveniently located pretty equidistant from the good trails in the state, and not much farther away from great riding in western North Carolina.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Columbia SC

The best thing to ever come out of Columbia SC is I-26 West! I was born and raised in Columbia. Moved to WNC 19 years ago but still have ties to Columbia. With the exception of FATS, all of the good riding is out I-26 West. Harbison, Newberry, Greenville, Spartanburg, Dupont and Pisgah. Just decide how far you want to drive for each of your recreational opportunity days!

mtbr member
    Cool thanks for the ride info...Sounds like I will have plenty of options then. Can I send you guys a message when I move out there this spring and you can show me a few trails?

Trail Liberator
    Just post up when you are coming to spartanburg. I will take you on a single track cross country death march.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Clealan
    The best thing to ever come out of Columbia SC is I-26 West! I was born and raised in Columbia. Moved to WNC 19 years ago but still have ties to Columbia. With the exception of FATS, all of the good riding is out I-26 West. Harbison, Newberry, Greenville, Spartanburg, Dupont and Pisgah. Just decide how far you want to drive for each of your recreational opportunity days!

He speaks the truth.

Read this post of mine from a while back.

Columbia, SC

Sheerly from a riding perspective, I would most certainly live somewhere NW area or off 26 somewhere. Even the FATS riding is any further from that area really. The riding in Charlotte is nice too and an easy drive up 77. We've been up there 3 times in the 4 months we've been living here.

PM me when you get to town. Would love more people to ride with.

fart knocker
    tcstoned..... are there web pages or online maps to this death march you speak of? im not from spartanburg, but am always interested in death marches.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis1
    Yeah. I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.

Trail Liberator
    Very limited maps. Check upstate sorba. Shoot me a pm if you decide to ride Croft.

fart knocker
    i checked out some of the web info on the spburg trails, and they look interesting. ill probably shoot for croft after new year, cause im already planning a foray out to tsali sometime between now and the beginning of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis1
    Yeah. I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.