mtbr member
    May 2005

Cannondale Caffeine F29 Demo Tour

Bear Naked/Cannondale MTB Team rider Matthew Lee will be touring NC, SC, GA over the next month spreading 29er gospel at select trailheads with 5 or 6 Cannondale demo F29s .

If you have interest in flogging one of these hot bikes, email him at f29tour@gmail.com. Based on demand, the tentative route/dates will be formulated in the next week or so and will generally link up Cannondale dealers along the way.

Get out of town!
    Any plans on having a FS version of that bike in the line-up?
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

mtbr member
    next year. 29er Rush.

mtbr member

Will it be in Morganton?

I would really like to see how that bike would handle a trail like Cub Creek. Mr Lee was saying something about the superiority of 29 inch wheels. We can provide accomodations and the Cub Creek Simulator.

Cela comment nous roulons.

Gaston Gagne

mtbr member
    May 2005

yeah, baby

a) don't hold breath on a rush 29. its down the pike, if at all. keep up the chatter tho.

b) i do plan on trying to visit my good friends phil and nikki in Mo-town sometime on this tour. I've had a hankering for a little fish hatchery and/or greentown/raider plunge.

email me at f29tour@gmail.com to stay in the info loopage.

matthew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewsen
    a) don't hold breath on a rush 29. its down the pike, if at all. keep up the chatter tho.
    my comment was certainly nothing but speculation.

keep us updated matt.

loud hubs save lives
    i took out a medium today to the chhs trails. i've been riding them for years, so i'm pretty familiar. i purposefully went to places that i knew were super rooty/rocky to test the 29er theory and i have to agree. the caffeine rolled over everything pretty easily ... especially in a couple rock gardens that gave my hard-tail 26er problems before (my riding buddy even got a flat today in one of those, but i kept chugging along).

it rolled over log piles well, through rocks well and climbed well. it felt a little sluggish to get going initially (like first couple strokes), but once you were going it held momentum very well. you can seriously haul a$$ on a 29er. big wheels keep on rollin'. it turns extremely well too ... i was expecting slower handling because of bigger wheels.

on one particularly rooty/rocky descent i remember thinking to myself how much smoother it went than on my bike ... i was used to being jarred and thrown side-to-side ... but this bike ate it up. i carried so much more speed through that section than usual, that it pretty much made up my mind how good i think this bike is right there. also, with those big honkin' tires it feels like you have some rear suspension. i'm very impressed with this bike and 29ers in general ... i may very well become a convert.
    Last edited by sennaster; 12-03-2006 at 02:42 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm looking forward to trying it out myself. It may convince me to keep a hardtail instead of spending the extra money on a rush.