mtbr member

Briar Chapel trail

Avoid like the plague...most of the trail has been bulldozed for more cookie cutter houses....its a shame most of the trail is gone.
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

MTBR Member
    That was the plan all along -- this is not new news. The trail has been reconnected since the clearing and will continue to expand over the years. Rode the first section last night and had a great time. It's a fun trail and most of the trail is actually still intact.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresdenlock View Post
    Avoid like the plague...most of the trail has been bulldozed for more cookie cutter houses....its a shame most of the trail is gone.
    Everybody can have their opinion of a trail (although any trail that you can ride mountain bikes on is a good trail).

But at least have your facts straight before publicizing. Like ncfisherman said, we only lost the double track and that was never permanent and we all knew it. All trail is running and more trail is continually getting built. Right now we are working\planning for the next mile of trail to be contracted. 7 miles now and soon to be 8.

mtbr member
    well..I wanted to let people know before they wasted an hour drive to ride something that basically isnt there anymore...Im sure one day it will be back to specs...I dont live in the area and I didnt get the memo of it being dozed
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Again, none of the original single track trails have been bulldozed. Some single track sections were moved and reconnected.

Your notice is 1.5 months late. Prior to the 1.5 months that the trails were affected by the clearing, there was plenty of advanced notice:

Briar Chapel South construction
    Briar Chapel South Construction Notice | Triangle Off-Road Cyclists
    Posted on our FB group page on March 6th

We don't update MTBR because the Triangle has it's own mountain bike forum.

mtbr member
    I don't look at those forums anymore..I haven't in years.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Official notices of any TORC MOU trails will only be posted on TORC's website, TORC's FB group and on Trianglemtb.com.

Registered Dietitian
    In all fairness, it should be pointed out that the trails only exist BECAUSE of the development. It's my understanding that they are a big selling point for the subdivision.

And of all the developments to complain about, the housing in Brier Chapel is some of the least "cookie-cutter" I've seen.

No, I don't own home there I have raced there once, though, and had a blast. Even at the race (late last fall) there was word of the changes to the trails.

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dhouskee View Post
    Official notices of any TORC MOU trails will only be posted on TORC's website, TORC's FB group and on Trianglemtb.com.
    Really? I've searched TORC's web site multiple times looking for news on the New Light MOU and found nothing. Can't find much of anything there other than meetup rides, race stuff, and rtp trail info.
    A bunch of my ride pics: http://uberfarm.com/mnf

mtbr member
    Can't find anything on it. Not sure if it was mentioned in mtg minutes and then linked to Trianglemtb.com or not since we lost TimL's version of the TORC website. Last think mentioned was Willie B saying he would update on that 4 page discussion of the MOU. TORC has an MOU with New Light and it did not change from the version discussed on the forum. Let me know if I can provide more info.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrod74 View Post
    And of all the developments to complain about, the housing in Brier Chapel is some of the least "cookie-cutter" I've seen.
    Well..I was in there this past sunday and the streets I rode up all the houses looked exactly the same except for the color..to me thats cookie cutter...call it what you will...Im sure its a great place to live.

some "cookies" for ya:

Briar Chapel trail-bensons%252074.jpg

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  31.7 KB
    Last edited by Dresdenlock; 06-19-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Out Of Step.

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dhouskee View Post
    Can't find anything on it. Not sure if it was mentioned in mtg minutes and then linked to Trianglemtb.com or not since we lost TimL's version of the TORC website. Last think mentioned was Willie B saying he would update on that 4 page discussion of the MOU. TORC has an MOU with New Light and it did not change from the version discussed on the forum. Let me know if I can provide more info.
    As discussed, that was a bad MOU. I wonder why it was signed. Don't tell me it was one of those foolish arguments along the lines of "it's better than the trails getting closed", since that was not the only option and was unlikely.
    A bunch of my ride pics: http://uberfarm.com/mnf

mtbr member
    I will ask for details, I wasn't directly involved. A lot of it had to do with forming a long term relationship with WRC in combination with Forest Ridge and what further doors that would\could open for along that Falls Lake drainage system. I believe some small details\wording were changed but I would need to find and be more specific. It seemed that the people directly involved felt that this was a government paperwork issue and that negative results from specific weak points in the wording would not be used against TORC like some argued in the forum discussion. Again, some of these points might have actually been changed and I would need to go back and review to answer.