Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    When did you get here?!?!

Brad Kee = Pisgah Conquistador

Ladies and gentlemen, there is a new king in town. He didn't rise through the ranks by birth, He chose to ascend by the strength of his own bare hands.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    Ladies and gentlemen, there is a new king in town. He didn't rise through the ranks by birth, He chose to ascend by the strength of his own bare hands.

True.

I think if you told him to ride around Pisgah until he keeled over and died he might just say "Okay".

The king is dead.

Long live the king.

Scar didn't kill Mufasa. Brad Kee did.

WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

drunken pirate
    Pretty damn impressive, that's for sure
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

When did you get here?!?!

unbelievable.

I wish I had taken a photo of Brad as he passed me like a blast of green air. What I've got is a photo LeAnne took of me later in the day. Pitiful.
    Brad Kee would destroy the KOP if given the chance. There. I said it. When will there be a Faceoff???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brad Kee = Pisgah Conquistador-new-image1.jpg  

You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    yep, amazing. I was utterly destroyed by just half his mileage.

H8 H8 H8
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions

Meh. 22 hours in Pisgah? What's the big deal?

Good job to everybody who didn't do anything this weekend. Especially to those who
    didn't do really impressive long rides, and to the person who didn't make it happen.

I didn't have a blast.
    Yeah, it's strange. But oh well.

mtbr member

So Fond of Each of Your Faces

Brad deserves utmost respect for his mental game, his endurance, and his humility. REspect Brad. Much appreciation to the visionaries and designers. Such a pleasure being in unmentionable places with you all.
    Last edited by Mountain Merlin; 11-15-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard
    Meh. 22 hours in Pisgah? What's the big deal?

Good job to everybody who didn't do anything this weekend. Especially to those who
    didn't do really impressive long rides, and to the person who didn't make it happen.

I didn't have a blast.

I was not chasing your ghost all day.

I did not think about checking in at Pink Beds for a second time on my way home to try to confuse you.

I know what I won't be doing next year (seriously).
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member

New tattoo

I just got an "I LOVE Brad" tattoo on my arm.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx

Post Random Brad Kee FACTS

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Brad Kee has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

Mr. Bucket
    Hats off to Brad for having the guts and tenacity to complete the course as agreed upon. Farlow killed my mental game 18 hours in (not to mention the chafing associated with 18 hours of Pisgah saddle time).

Way to go Brad!
    [SIZE="4"]Beefcakes Bike Blog[/SIZE]http://beefcakesbikeblog.blogspot.com/

drunken pirate
    Mountain Merlin = Queen of Pisgah

Everything but Farlow in 19 hours. Way to go Cissy!
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

H8 H8 H8
    Quote Originally Posted by djcnwriding
    Hats off to Brad for having the guts and tenacity to complete the course as agreed upon. Farlow killed my mental game 18 hours in (not to mention the chafing associated with 18 hours of Pisgah saddle time).

Way to go Brad!

I think you could catch him if you would grow some little beards on your calves.
    Yeah, it's strange. But oh well.

mtbr member
    How many beers did he consume? I think this is his secret!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    where can one view a cue sheet for a bike tour in pisgah that didn't happen? i assume this is a standing challenge to be accepted as it works for individuals. a truly solo attempt would be pretty lonely and big. and yes, a slap on the arse for the big wookie from weaverville.

rob
    slakDawg
    Quote Originally Posted by fattyrerider
    where can one view a cue sheet for a bike tour in pisgah that didn't happen?
    Here you go...

mtbr member
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rob
    Here you go...

oh, thanks. i've graduated from that cue sheet. i just need the directions each trail is supposed to be ridden in. i assume the guide chose well on most of the classic downhills.

btw, anyone know the vertical gain on the GPS unit that went the farthest? i was thinking the entire tour could be as much as 35K.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    thanks. that's a pretty good route. the steps on club gap must've been pretty painful for brad in the end--especially with all the leaf drifting in Pisgah this time of year. i hope folks will keep up with their attempts here. sort of like montezuma's revenge: finish it (if you can) in 24 hours. on your honor. hat's off to the hendersonville boy who organized the tour.

i assume no caching is allowed unless dropped off at the pink beds area post squirrel-s. mills (ie. carried up there by human power only)?

mtbr member
    Rules such as you describe were not specified. This was a ride, not a race.
    I think any ridiculous caching (i.e- carrying only water bottles and enough food for two-three hours, caches at every road crossing, etc) would be subject to endless internet ridicule and public shaming.

Honor system rules!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Rules such as you describe were not specified. This was a ride, not a race.
    I think any ridiculous caching (i.e- carrying only water bottles and enough food for two-three hours, caches at every road crossing, etc) would be subject to endless internet ridicule and public shaming.

Honor system rules!
    Sorry. Didn't say anything about a race or caching at "every road crossing". Not sure why you would bring the R-word up. Just suggesting this fixed touring route become just that: a standing solo challenge, self-timed, self-supported, all that entails. No interpersonal competition. Let's not be so quick to castigate on a monday morning. If you reread my post, the question was, is it frowned upon to drop any of your food or water at the pink beds area the first time thru there? Meaning: hump it all up black mtn, across t-pen, squirrel, drop it, use it later. Nothing unethical or non-self-support about that unless tour guidelines frowned upon it. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Organized, internet-based frowning-upon? That sounds like hard work. Wouldn't it be easier to just put some iodine in your water?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyB
    Organized, internet-based frowning-upon? That sounds like hard work. Wouldn't it be easier to just put some iodine in your water?
    EB, re. water, yes, perhaps iodine, but that doesn't help me with my two lunch burritos + bottle of beer or my lights I'd rather not carry over Mt Pisgah if I do not have to. Again, very sorry to be horning in on an upstate tour clique here. Am not intending to make waves, just investigating the tour terms. And yep, IIRC, internet-based was the medium which the 99.9 challenge was extended--and then followed-up, so I assumed the web is as good a place as any to ask. I regret not being there for a group-embark but I would like to tackle this beast solo sometime.

Did anyone drop their lights and pick them back up later for the 2nd round of night riding?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Man, I am very sorry to have missed this bike ride as well. Brad and I were supposed to be partners in crime until I had shock issues late in the prep game. I'm very proud of Kee for suffering thru. I thought he would make it back to camp in under 20hrs but I'm sure the leaves at night took their toll. It would be interesting to see how well people tour the route around Summer Solstice.

Re. self-support riding and caching, traditionally this only means no caching before you begin your ride. After that, as long as you do it all yourself and do not litter, it is within the general guidelines to drop and pick up later (b/f finishing) ie. finish with all the gear you start with, whether you drop it for periods during your ride or not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Am I right in assuming that you could not do this exact route in the summer, as Bennett would be closed to bikes then?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast