Thread: Boone Trip

mtbr member
    May 2008

Boone Trip

I'm planning on biking Warrior Creek and Rocky Knob (if I have the legs) this Saturday and then going out in Boone for dinner and a beer. I'll probably camp someplace next to Boone or Beech Mountain and then bike Beech Mountain on Sunday (probably due Emerald Outback and watch some of the downhill race). Any recommendations on trails, places to camp, restaurants or any other tips?

mtbr member
    You will have to try the Beech trails and see which ones you like.Keep in mind that they are rake and ride so don't expect a ovt/warrior style network.If I had a choice between Beech xc or Lees McRae I would ride LMC every time.As far as camping-If you are doing real camping Alpine Meadows on the Grandfather ridge line or Sitting Bear on the east side of the Linville Gorge are my favorites.Food-in Boone Coyote kitchen is my favorite.If you want to eat in Banner Elk Puerto Neuvo is the place.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    You can camp in Beech mtn parking lot 3.

Pisgah-Pale-Alien
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    I'm planning on biking Warrior Creek and Rocky Knob (if I have the legs) this Saturday and then going out in Boone for dinner and a beer. I'll probably camp someplace next to Boone or Beech Mountain and then bike Beech Mountain on Sunday (probably due Emerald Outback and watch some of the downhill race).
    Just did this exact trip a couple weeks ago, minus the downhill nationals. Second the vote for Coyote Kitchen. And Warrior Creek is some of the best trail I've ridden...ever.
    Pisgah Forest NC

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Looks like it might rain this weekend so I may need to postpone. Do they close the trails when it rains? I love WC -- it's like putting your bike on a roller coaster. Haven't ridden LMC or Beech yet so those are on the todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Brad View Post
    You will have to try the Beech trails and see which ones you like.Keep in mind that they are rake and ride so don't expect a ovt/warrior style network.If I had a choice between Beech xc or Lees McRae I would ride LMC every time.As far as camping-If you are doing real camping Alpine Meadows on the Grandfather ridge line or Sitting Bear on the east side of the Linville Gorge are my favorites.Food-in Boone Coyote kitchen is my favorite.If you want to eat in Banner Elk Puerto Neuvo is the place.
    Maybe I'll do WC for a bit Saturday, then check out LMC. Is it only 5 miles of trail -- only half being singletrack? I haven't been to Banner Elk so could be fun checking out the town. I may do primitive camping but I'll probably want to camp near whatever town I stay and will want to grab a shower someplace (or at least have a lake to jump in).

Rogue Exterminator
    Awe hell, according to my weather app, it is only a 60% chance of rain so far this weekend.
    Considering what we have been through, I like those odds.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Lees McRae is your best bet in the wet.60% chance? I like those odds too.The rain will make for some typical Beech mtn racing, should be good times.