• 11-30-2012
    Tim Barrett Jr
    Billy Goat Bikes, Asheville
    Check it out guys and gals. Stop by, we would love the company.

GoJaMMedia Visit to Billy Goat Bikes | Facebook
  • 12-01-2012
    mbmb65
    Beer?
  • 12-01-2012
    Mike Brown
    No, but they do sell spam.

Just kidding, btw.
  • 12-02-2012
    mbmb65
    I thought spam was free?
  • 12-02-2012
    kjlued
    I haven't had Spam in several years.

Maybe I will have some for dinner tonight......with beer.:thumbsup:
  • 12-10-2012
    shupack
    first time I had spam was in Hawaii, fried, on a scoop of rice, with a sunnyside up egg on top, not too bad.
  • 12-10-2012
    jerry68
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shupack View Post
    first time I had spam was in Hawaii, fried, on a scoop of rice, with a sunnyside up egg on top, not too bad.

Hawaii consumes the most Spam, per capita, in the United States. :thumbsup: I have Hawaiian friends that will turn a can of SPAM into a gourmet meal.
  • 12-10-2012
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry68 View Post
    Hawaii consumes the most Spam, per capita, in the United States. :thumbsup: I have Hawaiian friends that will turn a can of SPAM into a gourmet meal.

In Hawaii, Spam is so popular it is sometimes referred to as "The Hawaiian Steak".

Another Spam fact is that it was invented in Austin Mn by George A. Hormel where he started his meat empire in 1891. However, Spam was not invented until 1937.
    Austin Mn is sometimes referred to as Spamtown USA and is where the Spam Museum is located.:thumbsup:
  • 12-11-2012
    IoC
    It's also internationally worshiped: Krushchev credited Spam for the survival of the Russian army during WWII, and many Koreans love the stuff so much that there's a black market for Spam stolen from the US Army.
  • 12-11-2012
    kjlued
    The black market for Spam in Korea is no longer happening.

In fact, Koreans eat more Spam than anyone in the world after the people of Hawaii and Guam. It is more popular among people in South Korea than Coca-Cola or KFC.
  • 12-14-2012
    Fishbucket
  • 12-14-2012
    slackHA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    The black market for Spam in Korea is no longer happening.

In fact, Koreans eat more Spam than anyone in the world after the people of Hawaii and Guam. It is more popular among people in South Korea than Coca-Cola or KFC.

Spam is the shciznit! It got three of us across CO and UT, just ask AshevilleYetiRider. :)
  • 12-15-2012
    shupack
    that truck is way cooler than the Weiner-mobile....

I stopped in the shop last week, cool guys. After stopping at another shop to get some gloves, where the salesman had to have been on speed, it was awesome. Chill, no pressure to buy anything, but no beer.....
  • 12-15-2012
    2bfluid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shupack View Post

After stopping at another shop to get some gloves, where the salesman had to have been on speed, it was awesome.

It wasn't Carolina Fatz by chance....

Make some thing better happen on the trail.
  • 12-15-2012
    shupack
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bfluid View Post
    It wasn't Carolina Fatz by chance....

so that's typical then?
  • 12-15-2012
    2bfluid
    If you made it out without a slap on the ass, you weren't there. But they are good guys and a good shop.

Make some thing better happen.
  • 12-15-2012
    shupack
    my wife was with me... that may have deterred him... I was going to get some shorts, but didn't want to go through that....
  • 12-15-2012
    slackHA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bfluid View Post
    If you made it out without a slap on the ass, you weren't there. But they are good guys and a good shop.

Make some thing better happen.

Kramer meets the close-talker - YouTube
  • 12-17-2012
    Tim Barrett Jr
    Map to Billy Goat Bikes
  • 06-04-2013
    L8str
    I stopped in as they were packing up for a memorial day weekend race in NY. Spoke with Matt. Real friendly and knowledgeable guy. I will be back. -ted

• 06-04-2013
    mopartodd
    Spoke with Matt today via phone. Seemed like a real nice guy and will likely go by the shop and check them out next week.
  • 06-06-2013
    rain164845
    Great place. They helped me out on a tire warranty and really went to bat for me. I really like the shop.