mtbr member

The biggest race/bike festival in the South East

Well I guess you could call this a leak, but I can't help it I am so excited. We still have details to work out but this years 24 Hours of Pisgah has just moved up another notch on it's way to being the biggest race and festival on the east coast. Bio Wheels, French Broad Brewers, and Enduro Adventures Inc. has just signed up 5 really top bands for Saturdays entertainment. The names will be announced soon. You don't have to be a registered racer to come either, but you will have to camp or stay somewhere else. We are really moving into the festival realm, with lots of other entertainment, games, swimming, and lots of other fun stuff. Kimberly Clark is sponsoring a fund raiser this year for United Way and the Mountain Comunity school. This year not one but two bikes will be raffled off. A Raliegh Hard Tail and a Giant full suspension. The winner can go and pick their size.Also there will be an hourly raffle for other great prizes. Details will be comeing to http://enduroadventures.com soon. Oh registered racers will get 1 free beer, free food after the race, and a chance for lots and lots of swag.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Official Cooler Inspector
    registered racers will get 1 free beer

I hope it's a decent sized beer....

http://www.beerquest1k.com/Assets/Be...0jatteglas.jpg

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    All about Free Beer! make em big beers

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'll be there with 2 to 3 five man teams. Last year was a blast so anything new is just icing on the cake.

Trey
    Titus Racer X
    Lynskey Singlespeed

mtbr member
    Ken- SWEEEEEETTT!! You're making it really hard to race solo- but oh well- y'all will see me turning laps as fast as the tired legs will move me.
    Cannot say how much I am looking forward to this.

Mike B

Official Cooler Inspector
    Dang rednecks... they'll drink anything red,white & blue. Just add a Red Bully for the silver? Yeah, I guess I have to agree - them canned soda pops are easier to recycle.

Philosophizer
    The Mountain Community School team will be there. Sounds like a really good time. You guys buy lots of raffle tickets....
    I hate rude behavior in a man.....won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F Call.

mtbr member
    Ken- SWEEEEEETTT!! You're making it really hard to race solo- but oh well- y'all will see me turning laps as fast as the tired legs will move me.
    Cannot say how much I am looking forward to this.

Mike B

I'll be there solo also. I can't wait either.

mtbr member
    Sorry. I screwed up that quote thingy. Sorry Mike not tryin to rip you off. I'm still new to this.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Light & Motion will have lights to rent

Light and Motion will be helping out again this year big time. In addition to providing some really nice prizes, they will be renting lights and charging batteries. Please see the webite re: rentals. There should be plenty if you find yourself in need, but reservations are always best. See you there.

mtbr member
    Bikerunner- I was just thinking about this last night. Does the "rental" include just an extra battery for the NiMH ARC light?
    That would be too sweet.
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Mike- do you want a battery only, or a lighting system and a spare battery? The Light and Motion rep will have a charging station, where I'm sure you can exchange a spent battery as soon as you need it. Remember, can't guarantee what you'll get w/o a reservation. And to anyone else requesting a system, please specify helmet or handlebar and halogen or HID. Thanks

mtbr member
    Just a battery. I'll make the reservation.
    Mike