cmh
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bicycle Post Trails lost-and-found?

While visiting my folks in Washington, NC, my wife and I headed out and tried the Bicycle Post Trails. With so few trails showing up in the area, I wasn't sure quite what to expect, but we were both really impressed with the quality of the trails, and had a bunch of fun riding the whole thing on Thursday. Friday, we took my nephew out on my spare bike for his first ever MTB ride, and he was enjoying the VGMF ... until we got caught in the downpour. Got back to the car, headed back home. We enjoyed so much, that we made some time to get out early on Saturday morning, and brought him back out and did the VGMF and the Pipeline. Seemed like good starter trails, and he did really well.

Aside from waivers and parking/trail use fees, it seems I also left behind a hoodie sweatshirt and wool hat. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about a lost and found for the trails... figuring probably not, and the stuff is gone, but figured it was worth a try. Luckily, I didn't have my wallet, keys, or phone in the hoodie, but I really do like that one.

Anyhow, lost items aside, I've gotta say the Bicycle Post trails were really fun, kudos to everyone involved in their creation and maintenance! I got some video with the GoPro, will try to post that soon.

XC Champion
    May 2006
    Yeah I'm from Williamston and the once a year that I visit (typically at Christmas) I try to take my bike if I'm going to have time. You wouldn't think such an area would have good biking but they're definitely fun. There's some pretty gnar 2.5 second downhills.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    http://www.ecvelo.org/
    Local organization. Contact one of the officers. People usually put stuff they find by the trailhead sign or take it to the local shop.

cmh
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BonkMasterT
    http://www.ecvelo.org/
    Local organization. Contact one of the officers. People usually put stuff they find by the trailhead sign or take it to the local shop.
    Thanks, have contacted one of the officers but haven't heard back yet. Figured I'd post here as well so I could also give them credit for the sweet trails!

cmh
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drkenan
    Yeah I'm from Williamston and the once a year that I visit (typically at Christmas) I try to take my bike if I'm going to have time. You wouldn't think such an area would have good biking but they're definitely fun. There's some pretty gnar 2.5 second downhills.
    I've gotta say, for Eastern Carolina, they make really good use of the extremely limited elevation change! I didn't expect to see any, and wound up surprised!