mtbr member

Best Cell Phone Reception in the Pisgah woods???

I live in Upstate, SC and I travel to Pisgah and the surrounding area quite frequently. I have a job that requires some weekend "business calls". I currently have Sprint and I get great service in Asheville, Brevard, etc, as long as I am in the city. My reception begins to fade when I am on 276 and pass the forest service office. Does anyone have any recommendations for "coverage boosters", etc. How is your reception with your respective carrier? Thanks for the help!!

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10
    I live in Upstate, SC and I travel to Pisgah and the surrounding area quite frequently. I have a job that requires some weekend "business calls". I currently have Sprint and I get great service in Asheville, Brevard, etc, as long as I am in the city. My reception begins to fade when I am on 276 and pass the forest service office. Does anyone have any recommendations for "coverage boosters", etc. How is your reception with your respective carrier? Thanks for the help!!

Don't think anyone gets service beyond the Davidson River Campground...there have been times where by standing on the top of the vehicle got service (Verizon) phone works on the Parkway east of 276, i have also gotten calls out from upper sections of Turkey Pen Gap, the lookout of Black Mountain, top of Clawhammer, and once on Laurel Mountain trail (fluke) other than that... no towers usually means no service. means work / wife cant get a hold of me

mtbr member
    any phones with Satellite mode or range extenders?

I guess I could try a satellite pager as well....
    Last edited by Gaffney10; 08-30-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Official Cooler Inspector
    I have ridden with folks in your situation. Liars - the whole lot of ya: "I'm on the job site, have to call you back." Or, "We're headed into a meeting." Or, "Can you hear me now?" Click.

Seriously, in this day & age, the higher elevations should get you a connection. Forget contacting The Mother Ship in the camping areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I've got 2 things for you, in no specific order......

1)TREES

2)ROCKS

You aint gonna get no reception willis. This is the woods. Throw that piece of **** away while you are on your bike. If i were riding with you in the heart of pisgah forest and your phone rang, i'd be tempted to throw it at you like in the sprint commercial.

mtbr member
    guess I won't be riding as much then......

mtbr member
    Get you one of these bro, cutting edge technology
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

thecentralscrutinizer
    My Sprint account has voicemail. Leave the phone in the car and enjoy yourself. F' that phone.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    I usually take my cb with me so I can chat with the locals...nextel usually clips out less than an hour west of my house...

Ride On...
    I lose my reception at N. Mills River campground, Ranger station in Pisgah Forest, and before the parking lot @ DuPont, so that's why I leave my phone in the SUV or @ home... I made it 40 years w/o one, what the hell?

Can U Hear Me Now ???

() Life's Short, Enjoy The Ride... ()

Mr. Bucket

best cell phone coverage in Pisgah

big tarp & brush fire.
    Verizon is ok on the outskirts of the forest.
    [SIZE="4"]Beefcakes Bike Blog[/SIZE]http://beefcakesbikeblog.blogspot.com/

Some Assembly Required
    I've seen young guys teens-twentys stoping in th' middle of a dh section cause their cell rings. They would be ticked if someone impeded their decent, but they'll stop to answer a cell. We thought they had crashed bk up the trail, "oh, my cell rang, I stopped to answer it". Gimme a break. Where I ride there ain't no recpetion so I leave it in th' truck.

Best reception there is when I turn it off & get on my bike.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Ride On...
    I agree TOTALLY man...

WTF cares if a phone call comes in while you're riding.

That's why I leave mine in the SUV, not that it would pick-up anywhere anyways...

() Life's Short, Enjoy The Ride... ()