Thread: Bees @ Pisgah

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bees @ Pisgah

About a month and 1/2 ago, a group of us had several encounters with bees at Pisgah. Laurel, Squirrel, Buckhorn Gap. Are they dead yet? Or at the very least, sleeping?

We are heading back real soon.

Thanks in advance.

pronounced may-duh
    The bees are gone for the winter. It was 35 degrees at my house this morning. They were talking about snow in the higher elevations last night.

The fall color was at it's peak last weekend.

Its got what plants crave
    When I parked to ride up Laurel mountain last week there were bees everywhere... yellow jackets actually.

mtbr member
    yeah, they're still around, but unless you stumble on a nest you'll be aok. with the recent colder weather they're not as active but still around. I SEEN 'em! I TELLS you!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    OK. I know this is a stretch, but....is the nest on Laurel, between the narrow rocky outcropping, the one you have to get off your bike at hike thru, still there and active. It's about 1/2 way up Laurel if I remember correctly.

We'd like to go up Laurel and down Pilot this weekend.

mtbr member
    A bunch of us rode down Laurel a few weeks ago and we did not encounter any bees. I have still seen a couple floating in the air but I would say you are safe to do the Laurel Pilot loop. Considering we hiked a bike up Pilot last Wednesday and had no problemo
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA