29er zealot

Autodrop Doubleshot

Help support a growing trail system just outside Hanging Rock State Park in Danbury, NC. Last year we raised over $1,000 for continued construction through the Doubleshot. It's a pretty simple premise, ride 14 or so miles on singletrack at Moore's Springs Trails, transition to a road bike and ride a 14 mile road loop that finishes at the top of Hanging Rock.

The race goes down March 9th, hope to see everyone there! More information can be found at this link

Here's a video that was put together from footage of last year's race.

mtbr member
    Cool. Moore's Springs is great. I ride there often when I'm in the area.

spec4life???..smh...
    tried to work it in last year...going to try harder this year. Looks like a fun race and a great way to check out some new trails...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    This looks fun in a sadistic, leg destroying fashion. Hope it all goes well, I may convince my PMBAR partner to do this as a good training race

29er zealot
    Ha! Thanks for the kind words! We love these mountains, and want everyone to get out to enjoy them as much as we do. Every entry into the race pours money back into building more trails and improving the campground to make Moore's Springs more of a destination. It has quickly gone from 0 mileage and a closed, overgrown campground 4 years ago, to nearly 9 miles of trail, a fantastic campground and a great place to host a race. If that's not enough to sell you on coming out to race, we'll also have food and beer for everyone afterwards! Hope to see you there!
    Barry

29er zealot
    As a heads up, we will be hosting a pre-ride of the course this Sunday the 17th at 2PM. Meet at the campground, and bring whatever you plan to ride for race day. We will ride the ride the mtb course, swap over to the road bikes, then ride the road course. All at a social pace. Last year, we had about 20 show up and we split up into groups to keep the pace fun for everyone. Afterwards, we'll have some beer, and cook some food on the bonfire!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by froth14 View Post
    As a heads up, we will be hosting a pre-ride of the course this Sunday the 17th at 2PM. Meet at the campground, and bring whatever you plan to ride for race day. We will ride the ride the mtb course, swap over to the road bikes, then ride the road course. All at a social pace. Last year, we had about 20 show up and we split up into groups to keep the pace fun for everyone. Afterwards, we'll have some beer, and cook some food on the bonfire!
    Can you post up a map of the road course? Even just a google map is cool. I am almost positive I'm coming to race, and want to see what I am in for!! Thanks.

29er zealot
    A map of the mountain bike and road course:
    Autodrop Doubleshot-860502_498714100166316_18425853_o.jpg
    It will be about 15 miles on the mtb, and 14 on the road. All told though, it will be around 4000+ feet of climbing.

Race T-shirt. Register soon, we have about 40 left!
    Autodrop Doubleshot-843870_495840680453658_1174775862_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The mountain bike trails are some of my favorite in NC, the road climb killed me though. Worth it for the cream ale afterwards and the t-shirt last year is my go-to business-casual attire.

29er zealot
    Glad to hear it! The same brewer will be bringing 3 kegs this year. He is even brewing a special double IPA that he has now dubbed the Doubleshot. Oh, and by the way, I can assure you, the T-shirt this year...even cooler.

29er zealot
    We have to cap the race at 100 racers this year due to an agreement with hanging Rock State Park...less than 30 registrations left, get in before we sell out!

29er zealot
    18 spots left!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Weather is looking absolutely prime for Saturday!

lamer
    Anyone know how many spots are left? Also, anyone know how the campground is and if there are any spots available there either? I'm not sure I want to make the drive from Raleigh on Saturday morning.

29er zealot
    We are OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT! If you scored a spot, camping will be available at Moore's Springs Campground Friday evening. There should be plenty of spots available for camping. Thanks for supporting us, and helping us to continue in our trailbuilding efforts!

Barry
    Autodrop LTD

lamer

Re: Autodrop Doubleshot

So I guess this isn't happening this year? Is MST even open anymore?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    MST is still open. The Doubleshot will not happen this year. Checkout Save Sertoma for the lastest on the fate of Moores Springs.

29er zealot
    Unfortunately, there will not be a Doubleshot this year. We were left with the prospect of planning the race, then having to cancel at the last minute if the campground closed. That would have been the case, as we just got word last week that the campground is closed. I was just up there this weekend, the manager was turning over his keys and shutting it down this week. We're still not sure how much longer the trails will be open, as the plan is to shut everything down according to the state. I wouldn't bother venturing to the "Save Sertoma" page, as that group accomplished nothing but muddying the waters and getting the whole place shut down. (just my 2 cents)

mtbr member
    :'(