mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Area in Asheville that has good MB trails, Schools and some land.

Thinking of relocating to Asheville in the next year and need an area to check out real estate. Of course Pisgah is epic but maybe not the best place to raise young family. Seems like Hedersonville has great schools for 6 and 9yr old. I would likle to be able to live near some singletrack and have some land to grow a garden also. My kids do gymnastics and need to be near a gym within 15-20 min. Does a place like this exist within about 20-30 outside downtown?

Big Mac

Area in Asheville that has good MB trails, Schools and some land.

Are you looking at Hendersonville or Asheville? Or both? They are two entirely different animals.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Asheville

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    sent you a PM....prefer not to argue about Brevard v Hendersonville v Asheville.....again ;-)
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

Rogue Exterminator
    You know, I think everyone likes their respective communities and they are all great and they are all within 20-30 minutes of the best trails.

I live in Hendersonville and love it.
    There are plenty of restaurants and places to shop.
    If I want to go to Asheville, it takes me 30 min to get there.
    If I want to go to Greenville SC, it is only 45 minutes away.
    Proximity to trails, I am 25 min to Bent Creek, 15 min to DuPont, and 15-30 min to most the trails in Pisgah.

Brevard is great community but you will find a considerable less places to eat and shop.

Asheville is also cool, and a very unique city and you will find the most places to eat and shop.

I can't comment on the schools since I don't have any kids.

Each town is going to appeal to different people for different reasons and people always seem to think their town is the best. Your best bet is to come check it out for yourself and see what is best for you and your family. Also keep in mind between Asheville and Hendersonville there is Arden and Fletcher.
    Last edited by kjlued; 02-19-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.