mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Any trails near Ash, NC?

I am going there in April and I would like to bring my bike. I will be working for a few days and will have a day to ride. I am looking for good trail to plant my tires. I am willing to drive if need be, just need some suggestions. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    If you are willing to drive 2+ hours, head toward Uwharrie national forest or up to Raleigh area. Thats a good start from where Ash is. Not really familiar with anything less 2 hours from there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Brunswick Nature Park. It's flat, but not terrible for the area. There is also Blue Clay in Wilmington and Carolina Beach used to have a trail. I don't know if it is still open or not. Check out Sirbikesalot.com for a list in that area (this is the ash, nc that isn't far from wilmington right?)

mtbr member
    Where do we start..... Bent Creek for one, massively popular, miles and miles of trails, singletrack, fireroads, groomed DH runs, stream crossings, tons and tons of different terrain. Then you have, about 30 minutes south, Pisgah forest (see previous description). Check out Black Mountain trail and surrounding trails. Then there's DuPont forest, (also see above description but add a mile of slickrock trails as well) Mtn bike paradise man, start shopping for houses.......

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Barrett Jr View Post
    Where do we start..... Bent Creek for one, massively popular, miles and miles of trails, singletrack, fireroads, groomed DH runs, stream crossings, tons and tons of different terrain. Then you have, about 30 minutes south, Pisgah forest (see previous description). Check out Black Mountain trail and surrounding trails. Then there's DuPont forest, (also see above description but add a mile of slickrock trails as well) Mtn bike paradise man, start shopping for houses.......
    He will be 5+ miles from Asheville.

Ash NC is on the coast.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

Big Mac

Any trails near Ash, NC?

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    He will be 5+ miles from Asheville.

Ash NC is on the coast.
    5+ hours, you mean. 😄

mtbr member
    Oh, ASH, whoops. Sorry Firebike. Got carried away. Thought you meant Asheville. I was tired last night.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    5+ hours, you mean. 😄
    Yup, doped up on NyQuil when posted. lol

Big Mac

Any trails near Ash, NC?

It would be kinda nice if Asheville was 5 miles from the coast. I would like that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    It would be kinda nice if Asheville was 5 miles from the coast. I would like that.
    I wish!

Rogue Exterminator
    Wouldn't matter to me, I used to live on the coast and don't miss it one bit.

But to each their own.

Big Mac

Any trails near Ash, NC?

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Wouldn't matter to me, I used to live on the coast and don't miss it one bit.

But to each their own.
    So did I. It would be nice to have the coast near to these mountains. But like you said, to each their own. As for me, I like the coast.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick2cents View Post
    Brunswick Nature Park. It's flat, but not terrible for the area. There is also Blue Clay in Wilmington and Carolina Beach used to have a trail. I don't know if it is still open or not. Check out Sirbikesalot.com for a list in that area (this is the ash, nc that isn't far from wilmington right?)
    Yeah, closer to Wilmington. I was in Wilmington last year working, and I couldn't find any of the local trails there at the time, not sure if they are open still or not. SInce I going back to Ash, I was going to take an extra day or two and drive to where I need to ride before heading south to Florida. I will check Brunswick nature park for sure. As far as "flat" I do live in Florida, elevation is a commodity and few and far between. So it sounds like I will fit in well.

Rogue Exterminator
    Well, if you are driving back down to Florida then skip the NC trails as the really good ones are 5 hours the wrong direction.

You could try FATS in North Augusta SC.
    Shouldn't be too far out of your way.

Hiking/Mt. Biking Trail