mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Any singletrack near Lake Gaston?

I also, posted this in the VA forum. I live near Williamsburg, VA and have some great singletrack locally. I'll staying on Lake Gaston for a week in August and would like to put in some saddle time. Is there anything near the Lake or surrounding areas that's worth the trip? Any advise would be appreciated.
    Shut up and enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    dudes? seriously? somebody's got to have the scoop

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I tried this a while back...there is really nothing around that I am aware of. I'm on the NC side--the closest thing for mountain biking really is the triangle as far as I know. There is a ghost trail that a friend of mine chased down in Roanoke Rapids that turned out to be nothing. My advice...take the road bike (sketchy) or the wakeboard.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    There are a ton of trails in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area which is about an hour from there. I live in Raleigh and have never heard of any trails up by the lake. Not to say there are not any there, but its not well publicized if there are any.

Check out www.trianglemtb.com for our list of trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for the heads up on the lack of trails. Def dont want to waste my time. I could handle an hours drive though so that may be a possibility.